Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Best Internetzweb Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will move to Chrome when I can set it to open new links to an new tab and take me there without having to switch manually.

I do have a problem with Firefox. I have my options set to open to my home page when I start up. Instead it starts up on some other site I have used recently.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      I will move to Chrome when I can set it to open new links to an new tab and take me there without having to switch manually.
      You can do that, but you have to hold Shift+Ctrl and Left Click or hold Shift and Middle Click on a link to do it. There isn't, however, an option to do it automatically, because Google doesn't really believe in things like "customization" and "options."

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
        Google sucks, but Chrome works best, at least on my PC. Faster and better compatibility with more sites.

I'd still use Firefox regardless if they hadn't completely changed their extension system. FF used to have an extension advantage over Chrome, but now that FF is WebExtensions only, the best extensions don't work anymore, and many can't even be remade to work without, at best, a vast reduction in features and quality.
        Give Pale Moon a try. It's not for everyone, but for me, it's a good successor to the beloved extension-friendly Firefox of yore.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I don't like the way Internet Explorer freezes up on you on the news websites while its still downloading all the advertisements. So I switched to Firefox. But a few months ago Firefox did an upgrade. It was horrible. It kept freezing up even after a website was completely downloaded, both at work and at home. I did a Google search and apparently many others were having that same problem. I think that was Firefox version 57. I found one source telling me how to get back to Firefox 52.60 and I did. It works good again.

A few years ago Firefox's CEO, Brendan Eich, was forced to quit by the homosexual community because he donated $1,000 of his own money toward support of California's Proposition 8, opposed to homosexual marriage. So I finally went to Google Chrome. I like it much better. I only wish it had a sidebar with links to my daily dose of comics, news sites and other regular sites I log on to. (If it does, I don't know about it.)
          When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
            I only wish it had a sidebar with links to my daily dose of comics, news sites and other regular sites I log on to. (If it does, I don't know about it.)
            You could try a Chrome extension such as Bookmark Sidebar (I haven't used it so I'm not sure how good it is).

There's also RSS feed-readers to alert you when a site posts something new, such as:

Feedly - (iOS, Android, Website)
            Feedbro (Chrome extension)
            QuiteRSS (windows desktop)

Feedly is the easiest to use, though the other two have more features.

And lastly there are bookmark managers such as Papaly (website or Chrome extension that are great as well.

Comment