Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Best Internetzweb Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Internetzweb Browser

I've been using Firefox like forever. I just hated IE. People keep pushing Chrome and Edge.

Which do you think is the best browser, and why?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Firefox for me. I do have IE and Chrome on my computer too and use each of them for different things, but I like Firefox the best, --- although the more "improved" it becomes the less plugins seem to work with it, and the plugins extensions are what drew me to firefox in the first place. Chrome has extensions too but doesn't seem to have a many as firefox (but as I said firefox seems to lose more working plugins with each upgrade)

Chrome seems to take up more cpu 'real estate' than Firefox too. When running it it seems there are a lot of chrome processes showing up in task manager.

I just started up Chrome and have one tab open. This is what my task manager shows:

ScreenHunter_.jpg

not much cpu time going on (but then I have a 6 core Xeon) but look at all the memory it is hogging for one tab.

Comment

Yeah, I like to use RoboForm, and it appears not to play well with Edge..... and I just never could get into Chrome.

So, I guess, unless there's a really good reason otherwise, I'll stick with Firefox.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        ...I like Firefox the best, --- although the more "improved" it becomes the less plugins seem to work with it...
        Yeah, I've noticed some of my favorite addons don't work with newer versions of Firefox, or Firefox forces changes to the way they work.

Comment

The main reason I use Chrome over Firefox is its Developer Console which I find to be better. If I weren't doing web development I'd use Firefox.

Comment

Firefox used to have this bible toolbar addon that I loved. It put a search box in your menu where you could type in a book and translation and it would open a new tab showing it in biblegateway.com, or you could enter a search word and it would do the same with the search results in biblegateway.com. Of course it hasn't worked in a long time now.

Comment

My primary browser is Firefox. The big reason for that is the plugins. but the ones I need work with the older version.

I use the developer tool for debugging web pages-- I do this with Firefox and Chrome.

Partly, I keep so many tabs open that it helps to use two or three browsers.

I'll use Internet Explorer for a few things. Once in awhile Edge pops up.

I'm concerned that Chrome and Edge would give too much information back to the respective companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Firefox used to have this bible toolbar addon that I loved. It put a search box in your menu where you could type in a book and translation and it would open a new tab showing it in biblegateway.com, or you could enter a search word and it would do the same with the search results in biblegateway.com. Of course it hasn't worked in a long time now.
                Yeah, that was a good one.

I mostly use Firefox at home, and Chrome at work (not allowed to use Firefox, for some reason).
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I've been using Pale Moon for the past few years. It was originally based on Mozilla code, but has diverged significantly since then. I loved the "old" Firefox, especially the extensions, and Pale Moon preserves a lot of that look and feel.

Since it's kind of a niche browser, "sniffers" don't always detect it properly, causing occasional compatibility issues. At that point one has to go to their helpful discussion forum to try to sort things out.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I doubt Lynx even works any more, but it was useful back in the day.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

internet explorer.jpg
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I mainly use Firefox for my usual browsing to forums and such, but I also use Chrome just for the Grace To You website and Internet Explorer just for web development testing. But I've also got Opera and Safari installed for possible future web development testing, though I never use them.
                        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Test your browser here: http://www.acidtests.org
                          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

chrome (although i'd like to ditch it because i hate google). I refuse to use firefox after what they did to Brendan Eich. i prefer chrome's minimalism and the fact that it runs faster than firefox.
                            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Google sucks, but Chrome works best, at least on my PC. Faster and better compatibility with more sites.

I'd still use Firefox regardless if they hadn't completely changed their extension system. FF used to have an extension advantage over Chrome, but now that FF is WebExtensions only, the best extensions don't work anymore, and many can't even be remade to work without, at best, a vast reduction in features and quality.

Comment