Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Favorite Albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Haken- The Mountain
    Dream Theater - Train of Thought
    Soundgarden - Down on the Upside
    Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
    Radiohead- The Bends
    Silverchair - Pretty much anything they've put out
    And yours screams you're a 90s kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      And yours screams you're a 90s kid.
      Dare I ask what my list screams...?
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I don't know any of the bands in your post (with the exception of maybe Incubus), but going by just the names of the bands and their albums, it looks like you're a (relatively) modern metalhead. Probably of the Death or Black variety.

Comment

Sumophile

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
            Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery
            Edge of Sanity - Crimson & Crimson II
            Fen - Ancient Sorrow (technically an EP)
            Garden of Shadows - Oracle Moon
            In Flames - The Jester Race
            Insomnium - Above the Weeping World
            Mors Principium Est - Inhumanity
            Sulphur Aeon - Swallowed by the Ocean's Tide
            That Insomnium album is great--I could probably list it on mine, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              I don't know any of the bands in your post (with the exception of maybe Incubus), but going by just the names of the bands and their albums, it looks like you're a (relatively) modern metalhead. Probably of the Death or Black variety.
              I've actually begun to seriously mine the depths of late 80's/early 90's death metal*, so maybe not so much "modern" but you're pretty much right on.

*Holy cow, there's a ton of it

Comment

That Insomnium album is great--I could probably list it on mine, too.
                I love everything Insomnium has put out, but "Above the Weeping World" was a cut above the rest imo.

Comment

The Beatles - everything
                  The Rolling Stones - everything
                  Oasis - everything
                  Sloan - everything except their first album
                  The Tragically Hip - everything
                  Kaleo - A/B
                  Hollerado - everything
                  DC Talk - Jesus Freak and Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    I pretty much only listen to video game sound tracks. Well, on purpose anyway. Despite my family playing a large variety of music genres they continue to be amazed at how well I can recognize various music in games like Cranium. All of this due to the fact that I generally don't have much interest in music. The only non-video game music sound track I have is The Digimon Movie. It's got some decent stuff on there, like All-Star, and One Week. The Kingdom Hearts soundtrack is my favorite for video game music.

It was kind of funny when one of my soundtracks got labeled by my PC as "Breath Souffle World"*.

*It was for Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild.
                    I've always liked Zelda's music. Sonic the Hedgehog had good music too.

Comment

I've never been able to get into Christian music, ever. I've tried, believe me. But I do love me some dc Talk.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I tend to go for "greatest hits" CDs for certain popular 70s rock bands. Led Zeppelin, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, etc.
                        Also:
                        Magic Knight Rayearth: Itsuka Kagayaku
                        Magic Knight Rayearth: Best Song Book
                        Imagine Dragons - Night Visions
                        Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Goulette View Post
                          I've always liked Zelda's music. Sonic the Hedgehog had good music too.
                          The Legend of Zelda games pretty much always have something catchy. To this day I can't get Saria's Song out of my head. Super Mario Odyssey actually has lyrics for the theme song, and it's pretty catchy as well IMO. Then there are the very atmospheric tunes of Metroid. Magmoor Caverns theme is probably one of my favorites from Metroid Prime.

Comment

Lately I've been able to add Antestor's first* album Kongsblod to my favorites.

*Well, kind of...it's complicated.

Comment

I've actually begun to seriously mine the depths of late 80's/early 90's death metal*, so maybe not so much "modern" but you're pretty much right on.

*Holy cow, there's a ton of it
                              This wasn't released until 2004, but was recorded about 1990:

Here's a local band which also took forever to get their stuff on CD (taped a couple of their songs off the radio in 1989-90):

The local Christian radio station had a program from 11-2 on Friday evenings when I was in high school called "The Thunderzone" which was all Christian metal. It was awesome. Eventually "concerned parents" got it shut down.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment