Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

As predicted Trump blocks Democratic memo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Trump is challenging Schiff to put up or shut up. We'll see who blinks first. My money is on Schiff.
    It's sad!

This is all a diversionary side-show as Trump desperately tries to evade the consequences of the Russia probe. He’s already sacked Comey for not toeing the line. He's furious with Sessions for recusing himself from the investigation. He ordered Mueller to be sacked last June but was persuaded by wiser heads to retract the order. And now he’s trying to discredit the intelligence agencies whose job it job it is to keep the USA safe, the leaders of which are Trump appointees. What’s Trump hiding, that he's right and the rest of the world is wrong? Can you guess? I can.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake News Bot #2 View Post
      “Mr. Trump tweeted on Sunday that the F.B.I.’s “reputation is in Tatters — worst in History!” following last week’s guilty plea by Michael T. Flynn, the former White House national security adviser, for lying to investigators. Mr. Trump also suggested, falsely, that the F.B.I. refused to charge Hillary Clinton for lying — a claim its former director, James B. Comey, has refuted multiple times”.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/u...-agencies.html
      No need for demi to read NYT, one of bots will parrot all here!

Nope! O&H never sought to undermine their own Intelligence Agencies, Trump does.
      Read post of mine again, O&H use them for personal, also political reasons.

The over-hyped, Nunes memo Trump released
      Dems cut own throat by screaming so much about, drawing attention. Hilarious!
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Dershowitz is, and has been, a Trump shill from the get go, ...
        More of a civil liberties "shill." He voted for Hilary.

Turley is hard to read, but they are both wrong anyway. The Nunes memo was a cherry picked falsehood, and lying to the American people in their name is itself a legitimate concern as far as the FBI and the DOJ is concerned. As far as "grave concerns" go, Dershowitz and Turley are in no position to say whether such concerns are legitimate or not. It's not their field of expertise.
        Dersh has litigated many cases where national security claims were involved.

Turley testified before Congress regarding the problems with FISA, domestic surveillance, etc.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Nunes sets the record straight:

"Well first off, this was not a surprise. So this was after they had accused the Republicans of putting sources and methods into our memo, we actually did not, we just put in what [we] thought the American people needed to know. It was clear from the development of the Democratic memo from the very beginning that they packed it full of sources and methods.

"Now, for the viewers out there, what are sources and methods? We don’t want to give up the way that our intelligence committee recruits sources, the methods that they may use to recruit sources. So these are things that don’t need to be made public. However, the Democrats knew this, they — they packed their memo full of sources and methods. Now, on Friday night, we received a letter back from the White House.

"The White House did not deny the — the release of the Democrat memo — the Democrats’ memo. What they did is they said look, you need to make some redactions and some technical corrections here and we will get it out right away. Now, from that point, we’ve heard nothing but crickets. The Democrats have been on TV all weekend long. Their memo is sitting at the House Intelligence Committee down at the bottom of the capital waiting to be redacted.

"If they really wanted to get it out, they’d be down there all day yesterday redacting it, getting it back over to the White House so that the public can know what’s in iit ... This is nothing but politics."

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...urces-methods/

Like I've been saying, the ball is in Schiff's court, so why is he crying about it instead of getting to work so his precious memo can be released?
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-12-2018, 05:11 AM.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
            It was the Nunes/Trump memo that was "much ado about nothing". It totally failed to make a case against the FBI. It was just another desperate Trump attempt to make the Russian investigation go away, but the opposing party have the right to set the record straight. Trump didn't seem concerned about "security concerns" when he released his memo AGAINST the "grave concerns" of the Department of Justice and the FBI. He's such a hypocrite.
            Talk about hypocrites. You were one of those saying the republican memo should not have been released because it contained "classified" information. Now YOU are saying you don't care about "classified" information being released because it is the democrat memo? Please, tell us more about hypocrisy, Tassman.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Talk about hypocrites. You were one of those saying the republican memo should not have been released because it contained "classified" information. Now YOU are saying you don't care about "classified" information being released because it is the democrat memo? Please, tell us more about hypocrisy, Tassman.
              Not to mention that when the Republican memo was released in full, nobody was able to point out exactly what those security concerns were.

In the case of the Democrat memo, on the other hand, they tried to game Trump, but he called their bluff, and now they're stalling instead of getting to work and fixing their own memo so it can be released.

Comment

"... was there pressure placed on the U.S. Attorney's Office by the administration, by the Department of Justice? What we know is that Preet Bharara, the attorney in charge of the case, was fired in early March, and shortly thereafter the Prevezon case was dropped."

https://www.vox.com/2017/7/18/159839...ion-fusion-gps
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

No, the reason I gave for not releasing the Trump/Nunes Memo was that the FBI and the DOJ had expressed "grave concerns" at releasing it. Precisely the same reasons the WH is giving for NOT releasing the Democrat rebuttal. But we all know that the whole thing was a cynical political exercise from the start, as Trump tries to squirm his way out of the Russian enquiry.
                  “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

No, the reason I gave for not releasing the Trump/Nunes Memo was that the FBI and the DOJ had expressed "grave concerns" at releasing it. Precisely the same reasons the WH is giving for NOT releasing the Democrat rebuttal. But we all know that the whole thing was a cynical political exercise from the start, as Trump tries to squirm his way out of the Russian enquiry.
                    and yet now you are NOT concerned about them releasing it? That is what I said: You are a rank hypocrite.

Comment

and yet now you are NOT concerned about them releasing it? That is what I said: You are a rank hypocrite.
                      The damage has already been done. All that's left now is fairness in the political game initiated by the self-serving Trump/Nunes memo.

Comment

The damage has already been done. All that's left now is fairness in the political game initiated by the self-serving Trump/Nunes memo.

Comment

Has Schiff made any progress with his memo? Or did he simply fold and walk away from the table he second the President called his bluff?

Comment

Laughter is probably the best response given that the Trump/Nunes memo landed with such a thud and proved absolutely nothing, aside from the fact that Trump and Nunes are trying to throw up a smokescreen to distract from the Trump-Russia scandal.
                            Last edited by Tassman; 02-15-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Laughter is probably the best response given that the Trump/Nunes memo landed with such a thud and proved absolutely nothing, aside from the fact that Trump and Nunes are trying to throw up a smokescreen to distract from the Trump-Russia scandal.
                              You always cheer me up by making such ridiculous posts, Tassman. You are like a cartoon version of a liberal. Hyuk, Hyuk.

Comment