Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 04/18/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 04/18/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    It isn’t finished, it’s just beginning…

“Standing near his cross were Jesus’ mother, his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother and the follower he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Dear woman, here is your son.” Then he said to the follower, “Here is your mother.” From that time on, the follower took her to live in his home.” (John 19:25–27, NCV)

Of all the people who lost at Jesus’ crucifixion Mary, his mother lost the most – she lost her son.

Lord God, Jesus’ mother’s loss was our gain! The pain of seeing her beloved son Jesus dying the way he did must have been humanly unbearable. Yet how much more is your pain for those who continue to sacrifice their precious lives to the gods of this world? How bearable is it, Lord?

The Lord – gave!

Jesus’ mother – gave!

Jesus himself – gave!

All for me therefore, let it be said of me – he gave!

“After this, Jesus knew that everything had been done. So that the Scripture would come true, he said, “I am thirsty.” There was a jar full of vinegar there, so the soldiers soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a branch of a hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ mouth. When Jesus tasted the vinegar, he said, “It is finished.” Then he bowed his head and died.” (John 19:28–30, NCV)

Lord, to the world Jesus died – to John the writer Jesus simply gave up his spirit.

I see the world the same way. To some Jesus died – to others Jesus gave up his Spirit where in now resides in the hearts of those who believe in him.

The very last thing that Jesus did as a man was to taste sour wine. And he did it for me so the very last thing I will taste is the Sweetness of God’s Eternal Kingdom.

I am a Servant of the Most High God – and I would not have it any other way!

AMEN!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! “Peace be with you,” he said.”
    (John 20:19, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures marked NCV are quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."

“Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X