Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian interference with the 2016 election

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Uh-oh...

Source: House Intelligence Committee Investigation Turns to John Kerry, State Department

The House Select Committee on Intelligence is now investigating former Secretary of State John F. Kerry’s possible role into the unverified dossier paid for by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton Campaign, this reporter has learned. The dossier, assembled by a former British spy, laid the foundation for the FBI’s investigation into alleged collusion between President Trump and Russia and was the essential piece of evidence used by the FBI to get a warrant to spy on a former volunteer for the Trump campaign.

For more than a month, the committee has been in its second phase of investigations focused on former Obama State Department officials and their role in either transmitting information or using information provided by a former British spy and investigator Christopher Steele. Steele was hired by embattled research firm Fusion GPS, also under several congressional and Senate investigations.

But it was in February when questions surfaced regarding Kerry’s possible involvement or knowledge of the dossier.

https://saraacarter.com/house-intell...te-department/

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Uh-oh...

Source: House Intelligence Committee Investigation Turns to John Kerry, State Department

The House Select Committee on Intelligence is now investigating former Secretary of State John F. Kerry’s possible role into the unverified dossier paid for by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton Campaign, this reporter has learned. The dossier, assembled by a former British spy, laid the foundation for the FBI’s investigation into alleged collusion between President Trump and Russia and was the essential piece of evidence used by the FBI to get a warrant to spy on a former volunteer for the Trump campaign.

For more than a month, the committee has been in its second phase of investigations focused on former Obama State Department officials and their role in either transmitting information or using information provided by a former British spy and investigator Christopher Steele. Steele was hired by embattled research firm Fusion GPS, also under several congressional and Senate investigations.

But it was in February when questions surfaced regarding Kerry’s possible involvement or knowledge of the dossier.

https://saraacarter.com/house-intell...te-department/

© Copyright Original Source

If I remember correctly you usually don't find it suspicious that someone is under investigation for "a possible role". You seem to always ask "where is the evidence" and insist that people are innocent until proven guilty. But it appears it is different in this case, or did I misread you? Uh-oh...

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    If I remember correctly you usually don't find it suspicious that someone is under investigation for "a possible role". You seem to always ask "where is the evidence" and insist that people are innocent until proven guilty. But it appears it is different in this case, or did I misread you? Uh-oh...
    ... you ... You ... you?

Not in this thread, please.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The story provides additional confirmation that the House intelligence committee under Nunes has abandoned even the pretense of continuing to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 election, and no further illumination.

On the contrary, from its initial premise that the dossier, sometime after June 2016, launched the FBI investigation begun in March, to the conspiracy theory suggesting Kerry brought in Winer to feed information to Steele that he nonetheless never included in the dossier, one finishes reading it with the same result as a Kellyanne Conway interview, knowing less after it's over than when it began.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post
    I doubt many votes were changed by Russian interference, but that's insufficient for meaningful analysis. Texas' Republican governor is currently raising concerns about early voting by the opposition, not because there aren't more Republicans than Democrats in Texas, but because he believes there's a good chance that the minority Democrats will win elections by showing up to vote in greater numbers.
    Off-topic update on the Texas primaries.

About That Blue Wave …

Democrats had near-record turnout, with more than one million voters over all taking part in their primaries. Sounds impressive, right? But Republicans had actual record-breaking turnout, exceeding their previous midterm high-water mark, which was set in 2010. All told, with more than 1.5 million votes cast, Republicans had nearly 50 percent more voters take part in their primary than the Democrats in theirs.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post
    Off-topic update on the Texas primaries.

About That Blue Wave …

Democrats had near-record turnout, with more than one million voters over all taking part in their primaries. Sounds impressive, right? But Republicans had actual record-breaking turnout, exceeding their previous midterm high-water mark, which was set in 2010. All told, with more than 1.5 million votes cast, Republicans had nearly 50 percent more voters take part in their primary than the Democrats in theirs.
    I'm not sure what that necessarily means. Even the article itself notes "Primary turnout is not dispositive in any case. In 2002, when Democrats set their record for midterm primary turnout, they failed to flip a single congressional seat in the general election."

Personally, I think the high primary turnout for both parties is less about their enthusiasm regarding the general election and more about how both parties have been showing some major cracks and divisions as of late. So everyone wants to make sure it's their division of the party that wins the nomination and has the chance of getting elected.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    ... the article itself notes "Primary turnout is not dispositive in any case. In 2002, when Democrats set their record for midterm primary turnout, they failed to flip a single congressional seat in the general election."
    The Texas turnout discussion was part of a tangent to the thread topic, Russian interference, responding to the suggestion that because votes were not changed, interference had no effect. The takeaway from this article is that, contrary to the Governor's warning I posted earlier, early voting was not heavily Democratic, and neither was the concluded primary itself.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ‘Russia, Russia, Russia’

“Guccifer 2.0” was the handle of the man, or woman, who hacked into the Democratic National Committee and turned his plunder over to WikiLeaks. He claimed to be a lone “hacktivist” from Romania, just out for a joy ride, or something. Fulfilling his duty as a citizen of the world?

He was touted that way by many. For instance, Breitbart published a piece whose headline admonished us to “Stop Blaming Russia.” Its author, Roger Stone, said that “it seems like Guccifer 2.0 is the real deal.”

He’s the real deal, all right. U.S. investigators have now determined that he is an officer in the GRU, i.e., Russian military intelligence. For as long as anyone can remember, the GRU has been a 400-pound gorilla, so to speak.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And yet the DNC has, to this day, STILL not allowed law enforcement agencies to take a look at their servers.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And yet the DNC has, to this day, STILL not allowed law enforcement agencies to take a look at their servers.
    I like my sundaes with a cherry on top. But even without the cherry, it's still a sundae.