Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian interference with the 2016 election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    get real rogue. Those numbers are meaningless in terms of establishing the relative strength of DT's election. The electoral college based win with a minority vote is a technicality. A sleight of hand trick that hinged on pulling a small majority in strategic 'winner take all' states. And if you dont think the russian misinformation campaign didnt also leverage that same trick you should take a closer look.

And if there ever was a case for abolishing the electoral college system, Donald Trump is it. We are talking over a million votes down here and he still 'won' because of that bizarre little twist in our system.

Trump does not and hopefully never will represent the majority in this country. Trump reminds me of that star trek where there is this being that feeds on hatred and violence. Trump won by feeding all the various seeda of hatred in this country. Your hatred of hillar and the dems. Hatred of immigrants. Hatred of muslims. Hatred between whites and blacks. Every divisive thing, every major fear these are what fed and continues to feed trump.

Jim
    Sounds like sour grapes to me. My issue with Hillary is how she broke serious laws that would have landed me into prison and the FBI worked tirelessly on ensuring that she got away with it. That’s why I didn’t vote nor will vote for her or anyone that keeps making excuses for her.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It was hotly debated from its inception for reasons very much like donald trump. Benjamin Franklin spoke clearly about the success of our system being based on any educated and moral population. Dt shows us why that is so. AND as bizarre as it sounds, Dt was able to leverage the the hatred, fear, and lack of education of the evanfelical Christian population to get them to vote for the antithesis of Jesus Christ. And to keep them in his court in spite of constant lying and massive moral lapses.

Jim
      So you’re talking about Hillary again?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Sounds like sour grapes to me. My issue with Hillary is how she broke serious laws that would have landed me into prison and the FBI worked tirelessly on ensuring that she got away with it. That’s why I didn’t vote nor will vote for her or anyone that keeps making excuses for her.
        No, that is silly. The last person I want to see president is Hillary Clinton ... unless my only other option is Donald Trump, or maybe David Duke. You get the idea. You need to figure out that my oppositon to DT is not because I am of a liberal mindset. My opposition to DT is that he's the bottom of the barrel, and compromised when it comes to russia.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So you’re talking about Hillary again?
          The vote between Hillary and DT was and remains a rock and a hard place. And if the Republicans had maintained a reasonable moral center and pushed back on trumps largess, things would not be so bad. But they and so many in america have allowed their hatred for liberal policies and Hillary in specific to put into power something far worse than a Hillary Clinton.

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Actually Texas would be one of the half dozen.
            I suspect, however, we'd be the first, due to the fact that we'd be a repeat offender.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, that is silly. The last person I want to see president is Hillary Clinton ... unless my only other option is Donald Trump, or maybe David Duke. You get the idea. You need to figure out that my oppositon to DT is not because I am of a liberal mindset. My opposition to DT is that he's the bottom of the barrel, and compromised when it comes to russia.

Jim
              And yet there really was only two people that had a reasonable shot at being president. There was either criminal Clinton or Don the Cheeto. I choose the one least likely to sell us up the river.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The vote between Hillary and DT was and remains a rock and a hard place. And if the Republicans had maintained a reasonable moral center and pushed back on trumps largess, things would not be so bad. But they and so many in america have allowed their hatred for liberal policies and Hillary in specific to put into power something far worse than a Hillary Clinton.
                And yet Trump still isn’t as bad as Hillary for president.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And yet there really was only two people that had a reasonable shot at being president. There was either criminal Clinton or Don the Cheeto. I choose the one least likely to sell us up the river.
                  Actually, we disagree on that. But I understand reasonable people can and did differ on which of the two would have been the worse of the two.

However, where I draw the line is supporting his immoral actions and policies. So if a person votes for DT and doesn't speak out against his largess given how extreme it is, it would seem to me now it's not just a rock and a hard place where a person can actually never know for sure if they made the right decision, but rather being complicit with his immorality and recklessness.

You see, it was my hope we'd have "The Hillory" for prez and a gaggle of GOP congressmen and senators who would have no problem blasting the more idiotic policies she would push into oblivion.

But now we have that same gaggle of GOP congressmen and senators, but they are deaf, dumb, and mute and we have the reckless Narcissistic Psychopath running the show, in Putin's pocket, and with a core base of 30 some odd percent that literally would look the other way if he killed somebody as long as they didn't know whoever it was He killed.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-14-2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

And yet Trump still isn’t as bad as Hillary for president.
                    wrong. Trump is the worst possible choice for president out of the entire primary field - Democrat and Republican. ANYONE else that presented themselves as a legitimate potential candidate for the 2016 race would have been a better choice*.

And the fact he was elected, especially by the evangelical base, puts a cap on the fact the in the US, conservative evangelical Christianity has all but capitulated to the god of mammon.

Jim

*I am talking about those that received support from the two major parties during their primaries. I'm not talking about fringe elements, or David Duke, or whatever ancillary person you might pull out of a hat to say "ANYONE?" as a brain dead challenge to the fact I'm clearly using hyperbole here.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-14-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Actually, we disagree on that. But I understand reasonable people can and did differ on which of the two would have been the worse of the two.
                      We have evidence one committed a crime, the other we have roomer that something might have happened.

However, where I draw the line is supporting his immoral actions and policies. So if a person votes for DT and doesn't speak out against his largess given how extreme it is, it would seem to me now it's not just a rock and a hard place where a person can actually never know for sure if they made the right decision, but rather being complicit with his immorality and recklessness.
                      What I have discovered is lies that are often are claimed to be immoral that later turn out to exaggerated or based on lies.

You see, it was my hope we'd have "The Hillory" for prez and a gaggle of GOP congressmen and senators who would have no problem blasting the more idiotic policies she would push into oblivion.
                      Nah the spineless congressmen would have been using Hillary to keep their gravy train going while offering token ‘resistance’ while giving her basically whatever she wanted. The fawning press wouldn’t have cared what she did and simply made excuses for anything bad that happened on her watch. How do I know this would happen? We saw it happen from Nov 2007 to Jan 2017.

But now we have that same gaggle of GOP congressmen and senators, but they are deaf, dumb, and mute and we have the reckless Narcissistic Psychopath running the show, in Putin's pocket, and with a core base of 30 some odd that literally would look the other way if he killed somebody as long as they didn't know whoever it was He killed.
                      Talking about Obama’s again? Congress had been deaf, dumb, and mute for decades. While I find your conspiracy theories amusing, Trump isn’t in the pocket of Putin anymore than Barack ‘I’ll have more flexibility after the election’ Obama was. Congrats, you’re in the birther movement of the left. Difference is the media only takes one seriously and the other it dismissed.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

wrong. Trump is the worst possible choice for president out of the entire primary field - Democrat and Republican. ANYONE else that presented themselves as a legitimate potential candidate for the 2016 race would have been a better choice*.
                        Your opinion is noted and dismissed. Trump didn’t illegally store classified material and try to pass off a web of lies to cover up for his crimes, while having the FBI look the other way and cover up his crimes in the process. Sorry, but this right here makes Hillary the worst candidate ever.

And the fact he was elected, especially by the evangelical base, puts a cap on the fact the in the US, conservative evangelical Christianity has all but capitulated to the god of mammon.
                        And the fact that the left keeps glossing over how Hillary worked to take the nomination from Sanders and how they gloss over the fact her e mail scandal would have landed almost anyone else into prison tells me what side is willing to ignore anything to get their side elected.

*I am talking about those that received support from the two major parties during their primaries. I'm not talking about fringe elements, or David Duke, or whatever ancillary person you might pull out of a hat to say "ANYONE?" as a brain dead challenge to the fact I'm clearly using hyperbole here.
                        And when was the last time a third party won a major election?
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And when was the last time a third party won a major election?
                          1860, at a time when the US was particularly divided (as is now). It's not unprecedented, though it would take a couple election cycles for the party to get going (as it did for the Republicans then).
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I nearly agree with you. Trump was the second worst possible choice, behind Hillary - who was undemocratically nominated in a rigged primary.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

But now we have that same gaggle of GOP congressmen and senators, but they are deaf, dumb, and mute and we have the reckless Narcissistic Psychopath running the show, in Putin's pocket, and with a core base of 30 some odd percent that literally would look the other way if he killed somebody as long as they didn't know whoever it was He killed.

Jim
                              Uh, Jim? Trump hasn't exactly been successful at getting things through Congress - largely because there is enough GOP opposition to whatever he's passing that he'd need Democrats to cross the aisle in order to attain that, and they've been pretty good at taking up the mantle of "the party of NO."
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Uh, Jim? Trump hasn't exactly been successful at getting things through Congress - largely because there is enough GOP opposition to whatever he's passing that he'd need Democrats to cross the aisle in order to attain that, and they've been pretty good at taking up the mantle of "the party of NO."
                                This is why I question the strategic value of a Trump impeachment from a Democratic perspective, as it seems likely that Pence would have an easier time getting legislation passed (assuming he would be unconnected to any hypothetical scandal that would bring Trump down, which seems likely).
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment