Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian interference with the 2016 election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Yes, my view is that you are.
    Awww... you're really cute when you think you're being clever

Reminds me of a special needs puppy I had many years ago.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Wow, sounds like you went to bed after eating too much pizza and had a bad dream!
      It was the mushrooms on the pizza. They were the "special order" type

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        I like how Mueller, a conservative Republican appointed FBI director by Bush, and now appointed special counsel by one of Trump's own Republican appointees, has somehow turned into a "Democrat" in the minds of Trump and Trumpite posters, and is supposedly leading an anti-Republican witch hunt.
        I won't be the least surprised if there is a mad scramble to drop the charges and pretend it never happened.

Comment

• Now it seems that the lawyers hired to defend the alleged Russian trolls are challenging the constitutionality of Dirty Cop Mueller's appointment.

"The filing from American attorneys for St. Petersburg-based Concord Management and Consulting contends that Mueller's appointment was legally flawed because he was never nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate — nor was he appointed pursuant to a specific law passed by Congress."

And now for the most bizarre part of this story: it seems that the majority of social media evidence in Mueller's possession is in RUSSIAN -- so we're supposed to believe that these trolls tried to influence a US election... by posting in Russian? Even more curious, it seems that Mueller's team doesn't even have the English translations!

The irony that Mueller's Russian investigation could be taken down by the Russians is not lost in me.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-dismiss-case/
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• As the case against Manafort wends its way to trial:
            Source: Byron York

"Evidence or argument relating to Mr. Manafort's work for then-candidate Trump's campaign in 2016 or the Special Counsel's investigation of the campaign's alleged collusion with the Russian government," the Manafort team wrote in a June 22 motion, "is wholly irrelevant to whether Mr. Manafort's personal income tax returns were false, whether he willfully failed to file reports of foreign accounts, and whether he conspired to commit, or committed, bank fraud."

Mueller's response was two-fold. On the issue of collusion, the special counsel, in a motion filed July 6, flatly said, "The government does not intend to present at trial evidence or argument concerning collusion with the Russian government and, accordingly does not oppose the defendant's motion in that respect."

To those Trump opponents who had hoped Mueller would unveil evidence of Trump-Russia collusion involving Manafort, it was a sharp and stunning admission: There's no collusion in the case against Manafort.

But Mueller did argue that the case has something to do with Trump. And this is it:

Most of the 32 counts against Manafort in the Virginia case concern alleged crimes that took place long before there was a Trump campaign. Some go back as far as 2006. But four of the counts involve a pair of loans Manafort took out between April 2016 and January 2017. For a few months during that time period, Manafort worked for the Trump campaign.

The loans totaled $16 million and came from a financial institution Mueller refers to as Lender D. According to Mueller, Manafort lied to get the loans, overstating his income and understating his debts.

Mueller says that some workers at Lender D knew there was a problem with Manafort's application, but that one top executive there, a man who wanted a place in the Trump campaign, granted the loan anyway. From the Mueller filing:

"The government intends to present evidence that although various Lender D employees identified serious issues with the defendant's loan application, the senior executive at Lender D interceded in the process and approved the loan. During the loan application process, the senior executive expressed interest in working on the Trump campaign, told the defendant about his interest, and eventually secured a position advising the Trump campaign. The senior executive later expressed an interest in serving in the administration of President Trump, but did not secure such a position."

© Copyright Original Source

link

It doesn't look good for Mr. Manafort, but it's a rather tenuous link between any of this and anything which might be pinned on Trump.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              As the case against Manafort wends its way to trial:
              Source: Byron York

"Evidence or argument relating to Mr. Manafort's work for then-candidate Trump's campaign in 2016 or the Special Counsel's investigation of the campaign's alleged collusion with the Russian government," the Manafort team wrote in a June 22 motion, "is wholly irrelevant to whether Mr. Manafort's personal income tax returns were false, whether he willfully failed to file reports of foreign accounts, and whether he conspired to commit, or committed, bank fraud."

Mueller's response was two-fold. On the issue of collusion, the special counsel, in a motion filed July 6, flatly said, "The government does not intend to present at trial evidence or argument concerning collusion with the Russian government and, accordingly does not oppose the defendant's motion in that respect."

To those Trump opponents who had hoped Mueller would unveil evidence of Trump-Russia collusion involving Manafort, it was a sharp and stunning admission: There's no collusion in the case against Manafort.

But Mueller did argue that the case has something to do with Trump. And this is it:

Most of the 32 counts against Manafort in the Virginia case concern alleged crimes that took place long before there was a Trump campaign. Some go back as far as 2006. But four of the counts involve a pair of loans Manafort took out between April 2016 and January 2017. For a few months during that time period, Manafort worked for the Trump campaign.

The loans totaled $16 million and came from a financial institution Mueller refers to as Lender D. According to Mueller, Manafort lied to get the loans, overstating his income and understating his debts.

Mueller says that some workers at Lender D knew there was a problem with Manafort's application, but that one top executive there, a man who wanted a place in the Trump campaign, granted the loan anyway. From the Mueller filing:

"The government intends to present evidence that although various Lender D employees identified serious issues with the defendant's loan application, the senior executive at Lender D interceded in the process and approved the loan. During the loan application process, the senior executive expressed interest in working on the Trump campaign, told the defendant about his interest, and eventually secured a position advising the Trump campaign. The senior executive later expressed an interest in serving in the administration of President Trump, but did not secure such a position."

© Copyright Original Source

link

It doesn't look good for Mr. Manafort, but it's a rather tenuous link between any of this and anything which might be pinned on Trump.
              The problem for Trump is that there are just so many "tenuous links" between him, his associates and Russia. And Manafort was after all his campaign manager
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                The problem for Trump is that there are just so many "tenuous links" between him, his associates and Russia. And Manafort was after all his campaign manager
                And yet no hard evidence. I've been saying from the beginning that Hillary and all the other democrat cronies who want to maintain status quo have been using this story to try to convince the public that they lost because of external forces.

They lost because of who they are. They lost because of Hillary.

Hillary is a loser, and if she runs again in 2020 then even though I hate Trump I hope he wins again so it can be rubbed in their face.

Hopefully then they'll get the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  And yet no hard evidence. I've been saying from the beginning that Hillary and all the other democrat cronies who want to maintain status quo have been using this story to try to convince the public that they lost because of external forces.

They lost because of who they are. They lost because of Hillary.

Hillary is a loser, and if she runs again in 2020 then even though I hate Trump I hope he wins again so it can be rubbed in their face.

Hopefully then they'll get the point.
                  That would be very foolish. Trump is about to rip apart one of the free world's primary deterrents to Putin and Russia expansion : NATO. Trump is effectively a Russian agent and must be removed from office as soon as is possible, and any candidate would be a better choice than him. The fact the GOP will sacrifice this country for the potential to. E in powere strips us all from the capacity to have something better than a hillary as an option. But we must get trump out. And we need to replace any and all GOP members that have shown they will put their own success above the good of the country by bowing to trump and allowing him to give the free world over to Putin.

Jim
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You make a superb conspiracy theorist.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      That would be very foolish. Trump is about to rip apart one of the free world's primary deterrents to Putin and Russia expansion : NATO. Trump is effectively a Russian agent and must be removed from office as soon as is possible, and any candidate would be a better choice than him. The fact the GOP will sacrifice this country for the potential to. E in powere strips us all from the capacity to have something better than a hillary as an option. But we must get trump out. And we need to replace any and all GOP members that have shown they will put their own success above the good of the country by bowing to trump and allowing him to give the free world over to Putin.

Jim
                      You're looking a little wild-eyed here, Jim.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jim
                        NATO has been a toothless and declawed tiger for quite some time now. If nobody in Europe can even manage to devote 2% of their GDP to defending themselves then there is no defense.

Comment

Why do you torture yourself like this? Trump is POTUS, and nothing you whine about will change that.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            You're looking a little wild-eyed here, Jim.
                            Only to those whose eyes are wide shut ...

Jim
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              NATO has been a toothless and declawed tiger for quite some time now. If nobody in Europe can even manage to devote 2% of their GDP to defending themselves then there is no defense.
                              If it is such a toothless lion, then why has Putin invested so much time and resources into destabilizing it?

I would agree Europe has been on a bit of a free ride with NATO - but we still get a good bit out of it - not the least of which is the opportunity to stage defensive weapons less than an ocean away from Russian and China. They should contribute more ... but kicking sand in their face and bald faced idiot cracks like "Germany is totally in the control of Russia" is the way to get that?

I guess we'll find out.

Jim

Comment

• Next up, Trump having drank vodka is seen as irrefutable proof he's a Russian agent!

Wait. What's that? It was Finnish vodka?

Next up, Trump drinks Finnish vodka in a blatant attempt to conceal the fact he's a Russian agent!

Silly? Almost as much as CNN fact checking whether or not he used Russian dressing on a salad.

Comment