Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian interference with the 2016 election

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Germany only had about 39 combat ready euro fighters. That’s less fighters, for an entire country, than we have on a single carrier.
    To get off my obvious disdain for DT for a moment, I do believe we have been shortchanged by previous admins on the issue of requiring better and stronger contributions from our NATO allies.

So if trump doesn't actually destroy NATO and gets them to do better, that would be a win from my perspective.

Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The majority of the 'wild-eyed conspiracy' theorists have trump's ear pix. Ever since I heard Trump folk buying into the idea the Park Service had 'altered' photos of the inauguration to make it 'appear' as though his inauguration wasn't as big as Obama's it has been clear what sort of 'intelligence' trump listens to. I had friends that ought to know better sending me pics and trying to back up that idiot claim. And Trump has pretty much ridden that wagon of half-wits ever since. So the idea trump might actually have a sensible plan for something other than his own business interests is something I'm understandably skeptical of.
    And yet I still see nothing here that proves that Trump is an agent of Putin.

And I have yet to see Trump actually put the US welfare before his desire to be Putin's 'BFF'. As for whether or not there might be a positive spin on what Trump is doing at the NATO summit right now ... I'll wait and see.
    And yet again, would an agent of Putin...

Work on getting NATO its strength back?
    Keep embargo’s inplace that cost Russia billions?
    Try to sell US energy to Europe and cut into Russia’s bottom line?

Thus far what I see is conspiracy theories and opinion being treated as fact, but little (if any), evidence is present. Russia conspiracy theories are pretty much dead. There’s much more effective ways to go after Trump than wide-eyed conspiracy theories.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    To get off my obvious disdain for DT for a moment, I do believe we have been shortchanged by previous admins on the issue of requiring better and stronger contributions from our NATO allies.

So if trump doesn't actually destroy NATO and gets them to do better, that would be a win from my perspective.

Jim
    Both Bush and Obama did push NATO countries to spend more and it was Obama that pushed for the 2% GDP to the military by 2024. So Obama did do work here, the problem is less than half will meet that deadline.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Germany only had about 39 combat ready euro fighters. That’s less fighters, for an entire country, than we have on a single carrier.
    There are two great reasons why most of Europe doesn't want Germany to have a large military.
    Mountain Man: A skin cell is a skin cell. It doesn't grow, it doesn't organize, it doesn't adapt, it doesn't self-sustain, it doesn't metabolize, it doesn't respond to stimuli.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    There are two great reasons why most of Europe doesn't want Germany to have a large military.
    Still, today, ya think?

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Thirty Years' War and the Franco-Prussian War?

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

7. Amen Cow Poke, Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And one current reason they should

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Germany of 2018 isn’t Germany of 1939 or 1915. I doubt they would set off at conquering their neighbors. 128 eurofighters, 6 subs, and 224 lepoard tanks isn’t a military that is going to conqueror it’s neighbors. It is one that might met its NATO obligation though.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And yet I still see nothing here that proves that Trump is an agent of Putin.
    And if there were 'proof' the investigation would be over and impeachment proceedings would have begun. They never proved the bad stuff on Hoffa either.

And yet again, would an agent of Putin...
    like Hoffa the 'would be gangster'

Work on getting NATO its strength back?
    Keep embargo’s inplace that cost Russia billions?
    Try to sell US energy to Europe and cut into Russia’s bottom line?

Thus far what I see is conspiracy theories and opinion being treated as fact, but little (if any), evidence is present. Russia conspiracy theories are pretty much dead. There’s much more effective ways to go after Trump than wide-eyed conspiracy theories.
    That first one is yet to be seen. So far most of what Trump has done is damage relations between the US and its allies.

There is this thing called the congress and the senate. Trump can't last long if he doesn't do something. What he 'does' however is the bare minimum, what is necessary to prevent a revolt in his own party and subsequent impeachment.

I don't know what universe you live in, but the ties from Trump to Russia are major and numerous. I'll grant you nothing is proven against Trump directly(yet). But only the naive could possibly believe there is not an unholy connection there. Manafort, Flynn, Papodopolous, Trump jr, Yanokovych, Polpnskya and this list goes on and on and on and on! With no small number of them awaiting trial and jail time. You can act like I'm stupid if it helps you live in your fantasy world, but there is no way this fella's not as dirty as they come on that front.

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-12-2018 at 05:07 PM.
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You do realize that Jimmy Hoffa was sentenced to 13 years in prison (got out after 5 thanks to Nixon commuting his sentence) and "disappeared" (likely murdered) a few years later.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)