Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian interference with the 2016 election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
    This is one of those “rare times” when you name-call, is it?
    Ah, so accusing you of performing drama queen stuff when you're doing drama queen stuff is "name calling", is it? You need a hug? Maybe a safe place? A tissue?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      And yet actions speak louder than words. How is:

1. Pushing for a stronger NATO .
      2. Pressuring Germany to gain energy independence from Russia.
      3. Giving Ukraine weapons and training.
      4. Countering Russia in Syria.
      5. Putting greater sanctions on Russia and pressing Europe to do the same.

The signs of a Russian Puppet? Simply put, it isn’t. Stop with the conspiracy theories, they don’t help your cause.
      Yep... in matters of diplomacy and foreign policy, what is said at a press conference is less important than actions. The press conference gave liberals some talking points, but that's all it did.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
        Yes. Former CIA director John Brennan said: the Trump-Putin press conference “nothing short of treasonous”. “Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin.”
        In other news, John Brenna is a partisan hack who openly admitted that there was zero evidence of Russian collusion.

Comment

Yes. Former CIA director John Brennan said: the Trump-Putin press conference “nothing short of treasonous”. “Not only were Trump’s comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin.”
          Would this be the very same John Brennan that you liberals hated because he was a liar and guilty of obstructing justice -- BEFORE you love him now that he is anti-Trump?

Warning ---- bad word in video overlay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVI_kNH2Hl8

THAT John Brennan?
          Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-18-2018, 10:06 AM.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As mentioned before when his ranting was brought up...
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            It would be a whole lot more impressive if it had come from someone who wasn't an Obama toady (his friends have described him as "fiercely loyal" to the former POTUS), who hadn't called for a coup (talk about treasonous, there you go) if Trump fired Mueller, who didn't lie through his teeth when he testified about the Steele dossier[1], didn't vote for the Communist Party (CPUSA) ticket when he was in college (how did anyone like that become head of the CIA?) etc...

1. claiming it played no role whatsoever in factoring into the intelligence community’s conclusions about Russia's meddling and any role Trump may have played (despite the fact the agencies relied heavily on it to take out a warrant to secretly surveil a Trump adviser) and had no idea who commissioned it (in spite of the fact that both senior national security and counterintelligence officials at the Justice Department and FBI knew the previous year that the dossier was funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Yep... in matters of diplomacy and foreign policy, what is said at a press conference is less important than actions. The press conference gave liberals some talking points, but that's all it did.
              So we should not take what he says seriously, or what is your point? Do you find it is a problem when people hold him accountable for what he says in public?
              "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                So we should not take what he says seriously, or what is your point? Do you find it is a problem when people hold him accountable for what he says in public?
                There’s a fine line between accountability and hysterics.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

There’s a fine line between accountability and hysterics.
                  And? What exactly has been hysteric? Please be exact.

Do you think he would have come up with his "I misspoke" statement if it was not for the fact that so many people even among republicans clearly told him that what he said was completely absurd?
                  "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

And? What exactly has been hysteric? Please be exact.

Do you think he would have come up with his "I misspoke" statement if it was not for the fact that so many people even among republicans clearly told him that what he said was completely absurd?
                    Saying silly things doesn’t make one a traitor or a Russian agent. That is where the hysterics comes to play.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                      My point is, you have to understand the rules of the game before you start crying "Foul!"

Comment

Saying silly things doesn’t make one a traitor or a Russian agent. That is where the hysterics comes to play.
                        So saying you trust Putin over your own intelligence services is just a silly thing and nothing more than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          My point is, you have to understand the rules of the game before you start crying "Foul!"
                          And the rules of the game is that you contradict your own intelligence services and trust anti democratic leaders when you meet them? Or you refer to some other rule?

Comment

And the rules of the game is that you contradict your own intelligence services and trust anti democratic leaders when you meet them? Or you refer to some other rule?
                            I take it you don't accept his correction to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I take it you don't accept his correction to that.
                              I know he corrected himself but my best guess is he made the explanation up because the criticism was too hard after all.

Comment

I know he corrected himself but my best guess is he made the explanation up because the criticism was too hard after all.
                                Mayhaps.

Comment