Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian interference with the 2016 election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Rogue would like you to acknowledge the facts rather than hyperventilate over what you think must've happened, Jim. You're not presenting a good look here.
    I need only point to what happened today in helsinki.

To quote former CIA directory Brennan

""Donald Trump's press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of 'high crimes & misdemeanors.' It was nothing short of treasonous," Brennan, a frequent critic of Trump who served as CIA chief from 2013 through January 2017, tweeted during the event. "Not only were Trump's comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???"

I am not hyperventalating

Jim
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-16-2018, 06:05 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

""Donald Trump's press conference performance in Helsinki rises to & exceeds the threshold of 'high crimes & misdemeanors.' It was nothing short of treasonous," Brennan, a frequent critic of Trump who served as CIA chief from 2013 through January 2017, tweeted during the event. "Not only were Trump's comments imbecilic, he is wholly in the pocket of Putin. Republican Patriots: Where are you???"

Jim
      A government official tries to use his position to bring down a president, what a surprise. Now where is the evidence?
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Jim
        Jim, note the source of the comments; Brennan is hardly ubiased. I'll have to see the comments before I decide whether this is yet another case of Trump's oponents taking him literally, not seriously. Y'all been crying wolf way, way too long and loudly for me to accept your comments uncritically.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Jim, note the source of the comments; Brennan is hardly ubiased. I'll have to see the comments before I decide whether this is yet another case of Trump's oponents taking him literally, not seriously. Y'all been crying wolf way, way too long and loudly for me to accept your comments uncritically.
          You been watching the news today? The entire free world just lost faith in the US all courtesy of you best bud, "the Donald"

Jim
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You been watching the news today? The entire free world just lost faith in the US all courtesy of you best bud, "the Donald"

Jim
            You mean the same news services that have been caught lying? Sorry, the news has shown itself the have a bad case of TDS, like yourself and can’t be trusted to accurately present the facts.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

To be fair, I've noticed that some normally steadfastly conservative outlets have been critical of Trump's behavior after the summit with Putin.

Actually, should that have its own topic?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                You mean the same news services that have been caught lying? Sorry, the news has shown itself the have a bad case of TDS, like yourself and can’t be trusted to accurately present the facts.
                And who do you trust to tell you the truth, Sean Hannity, Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Donald (the traitor)Trump? You'll be forced out of your stupor soon enough Lilpix, it's obvious you can't do it on your own.

Comment

Jim
                  It would be a whole lot more impressive if it had come from someone who wasn't an Obama toady (his friends have described him as "fiercely loyal" to the former POTUS), who hadn't called for a coup (talk about treasonous, there you go) if Trump fired Mueller, who didn't lie through his teeth when he testified about the Steele dossier[1], didn't vote for the Communist Party (CPUSA) ticket when he was in college (how did anyone like that become head of the CIA?) etc...

Still, Trumps remarks were pretty odd to say the least, but as you yourself have previously noted
                  Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  I wonder that more and more each time trump defers to putin, each time he attacks our allies.

OTOH, it is trumps style to get results from his staff by criticising them and pitting them against each other while chumming it up with his business competitors so he can get what he wants out of them.

This was one of my earliest concerns about him. That he would take that into the presidency and try to wield that onto the world stage. It would be like a child taking a strategy for camping in his backyard that depends on the intervention of his parents and the close proximity of resources alone and out into the wilderness.

Jim

Trump has a history of playing kissy-face during joint press conferences with world leaders that he had just excoriated in private days before. His recent meeting with UK PM Theresa May is a recent example. According to stories leaked to the British media, Trump dressed her down when they met and the press was enraged with how he "disrespected" her but then in public he was all praise. It was something that CNN's Christiane Amanpour even made note of. He's totally a different person in private meetings than he is in public ones.

Also, I think Trump's massive ego might have come into play here.

For all his many accomplishments obviously the biggest one is getting elected president. It would be for anyone. I think that he has a knee-jerk inclination to summarily reject any claims that he somehow only became president because of someone else -- whether it be Hillary running a totally incompetent campaign or allegations of Russian interference.

In any case I have to agree with Newt Gingrich here that it was a major blunder and Trump needs to explain himself, although whether it was "the most serious mistake of his presidency" seems to be a bit of a stretch.

1. claiming it played no role whatsoever in factoring into the intelligence community’s conclusions about Russia's meddling and any role Trump may have played (despite the fact the agencies relied heavily on it to take out a warrant to secretly surveil a Trump adviser) and had no idea who commissioned it (in spite of the fact that both senior national security and counterintelligence officials at the Justice Department and FBI knew the previous year that the dossier was funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    And who do you trust to tell you the truth, Sean Hannity, Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Donald (the traitor)Trump? You'll be forced out of your stupor soon enough Lilpix, it's obvious you can't do it on your own.
                    Let’s take a look:

Sean Hannity - don’t watch Fox News.
                    Lambugh - have no idea who this is.
                    Alex Jones - a conspiracy nut that few take seriously. Of course considering that the left is repeatedly running to conspiracy theories to fuel their TDS. I guess he might be right up your alley.
                    Donald Trump - he’s a politician and therefore will lie like a rug.

Do keep trying. There’s far more right leaning news commentary than TV talking heads and conspiracy nuts.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      And who do you trust to whisper all the barking mad conspiracy theories that you mindlessly regurgitate?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And who do you trust to whisper all the barking mad conspiracy theories that you mindlessly regurgitate?
                        I think it’s funny that Jimmy names crazies on the right and pretends those that disagree with him must listen to them. The only real ‘out there’ right winged news commentator I might occasionally read is Kurt Schlichter and that’s only because I think he’s a funny writer. I don’t agree with much of what he says. I mostly read The Federalist if I want to see opinions with a right slant and The Federalist isn’t really Trump friendly. News is mostly browsing Yahoo or MSM news feeds with some local stuff thrown in. Despite JimL, Starlight, or Tassman’s belief. Most right leaning Twebbers are mainly center right or even slightly center left.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          I think it’s funny that Jimmy names crazies on the right and pretends those that disagree with him must listen to them. The only real ‘out there’ right winged news commentator I might occasionally read is Kurt Schlichter and that’s only because I think he’s a funny writer. I don’t agree with much of what he says. I mostly read The Federalist if I want to see opinions with a right slant and The Federalist isn’t really Trump friendly. News is mostly browsing Yahoo or MSM news feeds with some local stuff thrown in. Despite JimL, Starlight, or Tassman’s belief. Most right leaning Twebbers are mainly center right or even slightly center left.
                          Keep in mind that one loony toon here thinks that Stalin was a right winger so that ought to tell you that for him virtually everyone is a Nazi deserving to be punched in the face.

Comment

Keep in mind that one loony toon here thinks that Stalin was a right winger so that ought to tell you that for him virtually everyone is a Nazi deserving to be punched in the face.
                            Which does explain the anti-gun stance. I suppose having to worry about real life consequences of punching a ‘Nazi’ is why he’s disappointed that Hillary isn’t president.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It would be a whole lot more impressive if it had come from someone who wasn't an Obama toady (his friends have described him as "fiercely loyal" to the former POTUS), who hadn't called for a coup (talk about treasonous, there you go) if Trump fired Mueller, who didn't lie through his teeth when he testified about the Steele dossier[1], didn't vote for the Communist Party (CPUSA) ticket when he was in college (how did anyone like that become head of the CIA?) etc...

Still, Trumps remarks were pretty odd to say the least, but as you yourself have previously noted

Trump has a history of playing kissy-face during joint press conferences with world leaders that he had just excoriated in private days before. His recent meeting with UK PM Theresa May is a recent example. According to stories leaked to the British media, Trump dressed her down when they met and the press was enraged with how he "disrespected" her but then in public he was all praise. It was something that CNN's Christiane Amanpour even made note of. He's totally a different person in private meetings than he is in public ones.

Also, I think Trump's massive ego might have come into play here.

For all his many accomplishments obviously the biggest one is getting elected president. It would be for anyone. I think that he has a knee-jerk inclination to summarily reject any claims that he somehow only became president because of someone else -- whether it be Hillary running a totally incompetent campaign or allegations of Russian interference.

In any case I have to agree with Newt Gingrich here that it was a major blunder and Trump needs to explain himself, although whether it was "the most serious mistake of his presidency" seems to be a bit of a stretch.

1. claiming it played no role whatsoever in factoring into the intelligence community’s conclusions about Russia's meddling and any role Trump may have played (despite the fact the agencies relied heavily on it to take out a warrant to secretly surveil a Trump adviser) and had no idea who commissioned it (in spite of the fact that both senior national security and counterintelligence officials at the Justice Department and FBI knew the previous year that the dossier was funded by the Hillary Clinton campaign)
                              John McCain, Paul Ryan, Dan Coats, Chris Wray, Putin's direct admission he wanted Trump to win and worked to that end.

Trump refused to condemn him, stumbled all over himself and when asked if he would challenge Putin for doing it, he refused, and talked mostly about mistakes the us made.

The Russians have directly infiltrated our power grid, let alone our electoons. Do you people have any clue what that means? And our president will not lift one finger to do anything about it, or even say to Putin's face it is unaccepable.

Ronald Reagan is spinning in his grave right now.

Jim

Comment

Ronald Reagan is spinning in his grave right now.
                                Um, Reagan deliberately committed treason by secretly selling weapons to the US-hating Iran regime so he could bypass Congress's ban on funding terrorism in Nicaragua against the democratically elected government there.

Not sure that he's a good example of someone who'd be upset by a little bit of high treason!
                                "I hate him passionately", he's "a demonic force" - Tucker Carlson, in private, on Donald Trump
                                "Every line of serious work that I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism and for democratic socialism" - George Orwell
                                "[Capitalism] as it exists today is, in my opinion, the real source of evils. I am convinced there is only one way to eliminate these grave evils, namely through the establishment of a socialist economy" - Albert Einstein

Comment