Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian interference with the 2016 election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And who do you trust to whisper all the barking mad conspiracy theories that you mindlessly regurgitate?
    You would know about regurgitating Trump lies.

The world's media (and the more reputable, non propaganda US media) are what is increasingly "whispering" the ever more disturbing facts...as per: "In just the last month, Donald Trump has repeatedly undermined America’s democratic allies and cozied up to autocrats intent on attacking US interests. If current trends continue, today we may be present at the destruction of the geopolitical system that was ushered in after the second world war and secured after the cold war."

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...lippery-slope-

All courtesy of the man for whom you voted, along with most other Evangelicals, because he cynically pandered to your biases!
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      You would know about regurgitating Trump lies.

The world's media (and the more reputable, non propaganda US media) are what is increasingly "whispering" the ever more disturbing facts...as per: "In just the last month, Donald Trump has repeatedly undermined America’s democratic allies and cozied up to autocrats intent on attacking US interests. If current trends continue, today we may be present at the destruction of the geopolitical system that was ushered in after the second world war and secured after the cold war."

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...lippery-slope-

All courtesy of the man for whom you voted, along with most other Evangelicals, because he cynically pandered to your biases!
      This has gone way beyond the standard banter between democrat and republican. This is about the national security of the US and its allies and a president that through incompetence, compromise, or direct intent has become an asset of Russia and a liability to this country and the free world.

If we don't stop with the trying to make it about politics we will destroy ourselves. It is time to put country before politics, reality before half-witted conspiracy theories and work together to prevent further damage and stop this cascade of errors that is simply out of control.

Jim
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        This has gone way beyond the standard banter between democrat and republican. This is about the national security of the US and its allies and a president that through incompetence, compromise, or direct intent has become an asset of Russia and a liability to this country and the free world.

If we don't stop with the trying to make it about politics we will destroy ourselves. It is time to put country before politics, reality before half-witted conspiracy theories and work together to prevent further damage and stop this cascade of errors that is simply out of control.

Jim
        Yes, how dare Trump wants US allies to pay for their own defense and how dare he pass up a chance to attack Putin while trying to undermine his energy business in Germany. IT’S HIGH TREASON!!!!

Seriously, do you guys even care how you all sound like tin foil hat conspiracy theorist?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It was hotly debated from its inception for reasons very much like donald trump. Benjamin Franklin spoke clearly about the success of our system being based on any educated and moral population. Dt shows us why that is so. AND as bizarre as it sounds, Dt was able to leverage the the hatred, fear, and lack of education of the evanfelical Christian population to get them to vote for the antithesis of Jesus Christ. And to keep them in his court in spite of constant lying and massive moral lapses.

Jim
          I have never seen you so overly dramatic about something Jim. "The Antithesis of Jesus Christ?" wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            And who do you trust to whisper all the barking mad conspiracy theories that you mindlessly regurgitate?
            Jim loves him some Rachel Maddow.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

You been watching the news today? The entire free world just lost faith in the US all courtesy of you best bud, "the Donald"

Jim
              I generally don't watch the news; it's mostly a colossal waste of time. Reading the news is much more efficient. Oh, and doubling down on your hyperventilating is hardly encouraging me to take your pronouncements more seriously. Grow up, eh?
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                Then it's an undemocratic, and hence immoral country.

That's a pretty stupid system. It's depressing anyone would defend it.
                Yeah well luckily you live on the other side of the world and don't have to worry about it. It's not your country. And those of us who live here like it. Keep your nose out of it and you will be a happier person.

Having a few states control the entire country would be a disaster. The other states would have no say in the government. It is the united STATES of America. Much like the EU, each state has its own government and wants a voice in the federal government. And within each state there are counties, and each county has a government and wants a say in the state government. We are a representative democracy all the way down to the city level.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Jim loves him some Rachel Maddow.
                  She's the only REAL Journalist on the planet.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You been watching the news today? The entire free world just lost faith in the US all courtesy of you best bud, "the Donald"

Jim
                    The same people who declared that the tax cuts would lead to an apocalypse?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Yeah well luckily you live on the other side of the world and don't have to worry about it. It's not your country. And those of us who live here like it. Keep your nose out of it and you will be a happier person.

Having a few states control the entire country would be a disaster. The other states would have no say in the government. It is the united STATES of America. Much like the EU, each state has its own government and wants a voice in the federal government. And within each state there are counties, and each county has a government and wants a say in the state government. We are a representative democracy all the way down to the city level.
                      There are vast differences between counties incorporating the particular States as well and there is no State electoral college system, and neither should there be for the Country as a whole. Just because a few thousand more people in a few States voted one way shouldn't overrule a 3 million majority vote overall in the other direction. Besides that, the electors in the electoral college are not even required to vote the same way as the people voted. How stupid is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        There are vast differences between counties incorporating the particular States as well and there is no State electoral college system, and neither should there be for the Country as a whole. Just because a few thousand more people in a few States voted one way shouldn't overrule a 3 million majority vote overall in the other direction. Besides that, the electors in the electoral college are not even required to vote the same way as the people voted. How stupid is that?
                        If I recall, you were one of the ones cheering on the couple of electors that said they would vote against what their state elected, and was arguing that it was a good thing and wanting more electors to do the same...

Comment

If I recall, you were one of the ones cheering on the couple of electors that said they would vote against what their state elected, and was arguing that it was a good thing and wanting more electors to do the same...
                          Well, besides what I thought having nothing to do with the fact, you recall wrongly.

Comment

I have never seen you so overly dramatic about something Jim. "The Antithesis of Jesus Christ?" wow.
                            As some evangelicals have continued to support Trump when he separated children from their parents, when he trusted Putin over his own intelligence services and so on I have often thought about the following lines and found them painting a rather true picture of the direction some Christians have chosen:

I'm on my way to the promised land, whoo!
                            I'm on the highway to hell
                            You probably guessed it's from AC/DC's Highway to Hell. Never thought I would quote it in a serious context. These Christians have supported a president who is responsible for a treatment of children that can be described as torture and they continue to support their leader when he trusts a man working actively to undermine democracy (Putin) over democratic institutions in the USA. They gave up all their ideals in their search for power that the promised land is certainly starting to look, smell and feel like hell. So far, unfortunately, the innocent children have had to pay the price. I fear that it is not the end.
                            Last edited by Charles; 07-17-2018, 02:26 PM.
                            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              These Christians have supported a president who is responsible for a treatment of children that can be described as torture
                              ...but not accurately described so.
                              and they continue to support their leader when he trusts a man working actively to undermine democracy (Putin) over democratic institutions in the USA.
                              Allegedly, as imagined by those suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

C'mon, Charles, you can do better than that.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Well, besides what I thought having nothing to do with the fact, you recall wrongly.
                                I think Jim may not be entirely wrong on this.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment