Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Florida School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida School Shooting

Florida Shooting: Active Shooter Situation At Marjory Stoneman Douglas High In Parkland

Margate Fire Dept. says 20 to 50 people might be injured. The U.S. Coast Guard and Palm Beach County are sending helicopters to help.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/02/14...high-parkland/

Last edited by seer; 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

“No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.” – The Donald

Meanwhile, Wikipedia is steadily growing a very long page titled “School shootings in the United States”.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Schools are soft targets: the students are sitting ducks, and armed response is minutes away. Armed personnel -- security guards and school staff -- would mitigate much of this.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It seems the shooter had two Instagram accounts: one which showed an interest in Islamic terrorism, and another which had a picture of him wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat. Guess which account Instagram deleted?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...ring-maga-hat/
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Senseless evil.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            “No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.” – The Donald

Meanwhile, Wikipedia is steadily growing a very long page titled “School shootings in the United States”.
            Guns have been easily available in this country for 300 years. Only recently has there been an uptick in school shootings.
            For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

The problem is obviously easy access to guns.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Looks like 17 dead and 14 wounded...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Guns have been easily available in this country for 300 years. Only recently has there been an uptick in school shootings.
                For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

The problem is obviously easy access to guns.

They were much easier to get when I was young...

Comment

Yet another school shooting. Apparently one of 8 so far in 2018 that resulted in injury or death. It’s only February - that is mad.

Nothing will come of this one, like the others, and now it’s the new normal.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
                    Yet another school shooting. Apparently one of 8 so far in 2018 that resulted in injury or death. It’s only February - that is mad.

Nothing will come of this one, like the others, and now it’s the new normal.
                    I do not have the heart to engage in yet another pointless discussion on the need for common-sense gun control, such as has been shown in countless other countries to significantly reduce gun violence. Until the masses refuse to be held hostage by a powerful lobby, a powerful industry, and the demands of the few, we will continue to see our children die.

Have at it. I'm not going to be responding further.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Pointless. I can’t even work up the energy to feel angry or shocked anymore.

Carry on you lot- I expect we’ll see a page full of justifications from the gun lobby crowd by the time I log in again tomorrow. I’m sure somehow this is the evil, ‘gun grabbing ghouls’ fault or something.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                        I do not have the heart to engage in yet another pointless discussion on the need for common-sense gun control, such as has been shown in countless other countries to significantly reduce gun violence. Until the masses refuse to be held hostage by a powerful lobby, a powerful industry, and the demands of the few, we will continue to see our children die.

Have at it. I'm not going to be responding further.

Carry on you lot- I expect we’ll see a page full of justifications from the gun lobby crowd by the time I log in again tomorrow. I’m sure somehow this is the evil, ‘gun grabbing ghouls’ fault or something.
                        I'm glad neither of you has the energy to argue for the abolition of what should be a basic right in the entire world anymore. Hopefully with people getting bored discussing school shootings in general the attention seekers committing them will find other outlets of expression as well.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I’m sure somehow this is the evil, ‘gun grabbing ghouls’ fault or something.
                          No, it's the fault of the shooter - and no one else...

Comment

You expect to see a page full of justifications for what, exactly?
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Guns are too commonplace, legislation won't do anything. Firearms probably shouldn't have been legal to begin with but that ship left the dock long ago.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment