Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Florida School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Well I think the entire theologyweb staff needs to be armed with ...the Word of God!!

Hallelujah!
    I tried to report this and accidentally amen'd it.

DRAT!!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      I don't understand this post. Who said that you weren't being restrictive? That was never spoken nor implied by anyone here. Whether staff is trained or not is irrelevant to the phrase "putting guns in the hands of staff". That phrase, by itself, says nothing one way or the other about who does or who does not get guns. It's not saying that all staff should be armed, nor does it say all staff should not be armed. It's completely neutral to the subject.
      It's a goofy way of mocking the policy of arming SELECT individuals. It implies that guns are simply handed out to the staff.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It's a goofy way of mocking the policy of arming SELECT individuals. It implies that guns are simply handed out to the staff.
        I don't see it that way at all. To me it simply talks to the idea of armed teachers in schools. It doesn't say anything about all staff, or some staff, or trained staff, or untrained staff, or anything else.

Comment

I tried to report this and accidentally amen'd it.

DRAT!!!!!
          The Word of God is an assault weapon of Love!

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Comment

• "Just let the cops handle it"

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...orida-shooting

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A Florida sheriff says the deputy who was on duty at a high school where 17 people were massacred waited outside the building for about four minutes without ever going in.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel announced during a Thursday news conference that Deputy Scot Peterson resigned after being suspended without pay.

Israel said he made the decision after reviewing video surveillance and interviewing witnesses, including the deputy himself. The sheriff says Peterson responded to the building where the shooting took place, took up a position outside a door and never went in.

When asked what Peterson should have done, Israel said the deputy should have "went in, addressed the killer, killed the killer."
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Dang so many things done wrong about this tragedy. So many missed opportunities to have prevented it, or to have stopped Cruz.

Instead of protesting for gun control, why aren't these people protesting the incompetence of the school, the mental health industry, the FBI and the police?

Comment

• One more of the many, many nails in the "more security, arm staff" coffin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                  One more of the many, many nails in the "more security, arm staff" coffin.
                  No, just "Do your damn job and stop being incompetent"

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                    One more of the many, many nails in the "more security, arm staff" coffin.
                    More like one of the many, many nails in the "you don't need to defend yourself" coffin.

So far conservatives obv have the better argument since it's mostly progressive demographics getting massacred. Which one would you rather be?
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Out of all the officers in the country, some are by necessity incompetent, at least to some degree or in some arena. That's just how large sample sizes of professionals are. It needs to be made sure that when a weak link inevitably breaks, it doesn't result in tragedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        I don't see it that way at all. To me it simply talks to the idea of armed teachers in schools.
                        Context: This all flowed from the goofy video you posted of a whole bunch of adults pulling guns on the kids in the cafeteria. You even admitted it was an obvious exaggeration:

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        It's an obvious exaggeration, but I think it points to an alarming reality if arming teachers was implemented on a national scale.
                        So was the goofy statement "putting guns in the hands of staff".

It doesn't say anything about all staff, or some staff, or trained staff, or untrained staff, or anything else.
                        I'll give you the last word on this.

(Which, in Carpe-speak, means I'll be back!)

Comment

Dang so many things done wrong about this tragedy. So many missed opportunities to have prevented it, or to have stopped Cruz.

Instead of protesting for gun control, why aren't these people protesting the incompetence of the school, the mental health industry, the FBI and the police?
                          It's kinda like they don't take the safety of the kids nearly as seriously as they do the control of guns!

Comment

Coward, not incompetent.

Comment

Context: This all flowed from the goofy video you posted of a whole bunch of adults pulling guns on the kids in the cafeteria. You even admitted it was an obvious exaggeration:

So was the goofy statement "putting guns in the hands of staff".

I'll give you the last word on this.

(Which, in Carpe-speak, means I'll be back!)
                              Yeah, I'm sorry, I really don't see how the context matters even in reply to my post. The statement still doesn't assert anything about all or some armed staff members, trained or untrained. At least, I didn't read it that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                More like one of the many, many nails in the "you don't need to defend yourself" coffin.

So far conservatives obv have the better argument since it's mostly progressive demographics getting massacred. Which one would you rather be?
                                I would want to be in whatever group doesn't offer impotent answers that have already failed.

Comment