Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida School Shooting

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Pointless. I can’t even work up the energy to feel angry or shocked anymore.

Carry on you lot- I expect we’ll see a page full of justifications from the gun lobby crowd by the time I log in again tomorrow. I’m sure somehow this is the evil, ‘gun grabbing ghouls’ fault or something.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I do not have the heart to engage in yet another pointless discussion on the need for common-sense gun control, such as has been shown in countless other countries to significantly reduce gun violence. Until the masses refuse to be held hostage by a powerful lobby, a powerful industry, and the demands of the few, we will continue to see our children die.

Have at it. I'm not going to be responding further.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoUK View Post

Carry on you lot- I expect we’ll see a page full of justifications from the gun lobby crowd by the time I log in again tomorrow. I’m sure somehow this is the evil, ‘gun grabbing ghouls’ fault or something.
    I'm glad neither of you has the energy to argue for the abolition of what should be a basic right in the entire world anymore. Hopefully with people getting bored discussing school shootings in general the attention seekers committing them will find other outlets of expression as well.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I’m sure somehow this is the evil, ‘gun grabbing ghouls’ fault or something.
    No, it's the fault of the shooter - and no one else...
    God moves in a mysterious way His wonders to perform; He plants his footsteps in the sea, And rides upon the storm. You fearful saints fresh courage take, The clouds you so much dread are great with mercy, and shall break In blessings on your head. Judge not the Lord by your feeble sense, But trust him for his grace; Behind a frowning providence He hides a smiling face. William Cowper

4. Amen Mountain Man, Jedidiah, RumTumTugger, Joel amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

You expect to see a page full of justifications for what, exactly?
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Guns are too commonplace, legislation won't do anything. Firearms probably shouldn't have been legal to begin with but that ship left the dock long ago.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html

Math teacher Jim Gard, who taught Cruz last year, told the Miami Herald: 'We were told last year that he wasn’t allowed on campus with a backpack on him. There were problems with him last year threatening students and I guess he was asked to leave campus.'

Another student took to social media claiming Cruz had mental health issues that were 'ignored by all the adults'.

'He literally had an Instagram where he posted pictures of animals he killed gruesomely and he physically assaulted one of my friends once,' the student added.
    Maybe the "pass more laws" crowd can enforce existing laws?

I never got the hostility the anti-gun tyrants have to this particular proposal. It's almost as if the shooting are a pretext and not the actual reason for the desired gun grabbing.
    Last edited by Darth Executor; 02-15-2018 at 01:41 AM.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

8. Amen One Bad Pig, Jedidiah, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Maybe the "pass more laws" crowd can enforce existing laws?
    I guess the shooter didn't see the "Guns Prohibited On School Property" sign.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yet another school shooting. Apparently one of 8 so far in 2018 that resulted in injury or death. It’s only February - that is mad.

Nothing will come of this one, like the others, and now it’s the new normal.
    The pro-gun anti-regulation US conservatives are morally responsible for these murders it's that simple.

11. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    It's the fault of the shooter having easy access to guns. We don't have this problem in Australia.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

13. Amen Starlight, Charles amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Your failure to understand the problem sustains it.

15. Amen Starlight, Tassman, Charles amen'd this post.