Page 3 of 112 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida School Shooting

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Nothing was done last time, or the time before, or the time before that; nothing will be done this time.
    rogue06: I'm telling you what "from each according to their ability, to each according to their need" is saying. No need to work. No need to earn. Just stick your hand out and demand because you "need" it.

2. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I do not have the heart to engage in yet another pointless discussion on the need for common-sense gun control, such as has been shown in countless other countries to significantly reduce gun violence. Until the masses refuse to be held hostage by a powerful lobby, a powerful industry, and the demands of the few, we will continue to see our children die.

Have at it. I'm not going to be responding further.
    Sounds good!!! If progs stop screaming, also crying every single time, maybe there is chance to look at problem with brain, to solve it!
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

4. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassman View Post
    It's the fault of the shooter having easy access to guns. We don't have this problem in Australia.

Would it have been better if he ran 20 kids down with a truck? There were all kinds of warning signs with this kid, no one did anything.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

6. Amen RumTumTugger, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tassmoron View Post
    It's the fault of the shooter having easy access to guns. We don't have this problem in Australia.
    I know we've discussed this before, but rates of violent crime in Australia were the same before and after your infsmous "buy back" program. The only thing that changed was the weapon of choice. When denied guns, the psychos resorted to knives, automobiles, and even arson.

8. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    All the warning signs were there...

The FBI Was Warned About A School Shooting Threat From A YouTube User Named Nikolas Cruz In September

Last fall, a Mississippi bail bondsman and frequent YouTube vlogger noticed an alarming comment left on one of his videos. "I'm going to be a professional school shooter," said a user named Nikolas Cruz.

The YouTuber, 36-year-old Ben Bennight, alerted the FBI, emailing a screenshot of the comment to the bureau's tips account. He also flagged the comment to YouTube, which removed it from the video.

Agents with the bureau's Mississippi field office got back to him "immediately," Bennight said, and conducted an in-person interview the following day, on Sept. 25.

"They came to my office the next morning and asked me if I knew anything about the person," Bennight told BuzzFeed News. "I didn't. They took a copy of the screenshot and that was the last I heard from them."

FBI agents contacted Bennight again Wednesday, after a 19-year-old named Nikolas Cruz allegedly opened fire at a Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in south Florida, killing at least 17 people.

In the wake of the deadly shooting, questions have emerged over whether officials and acquaintances had missed warning signs about the alleged shooter, a former student who was expelled from the high school last year for disciplinary reasons.

Classmates, relatives, and neighbors have described Cruz as a troubled "loner" who often talked about guns and flaunted his obsession with weapons on his social media accounts. And Jim Gard, a math teacher at the school, told the Miami Herald that the teen had previously been identified as a potential threat to other students.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasack...zaj#.myA3DJ5Y9
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

10. Amen RumTumTugger, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstfloor View Post
    Your failure to understand the problem sustains it.
    CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

12. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I do not have the heart to engage in yet another pointless discussion on the need for common-sense gun control, such as has been shown in countless other countries to significantly reduce gun violence. Until the masses refuse to be held hostage by a powerful lobby, a powerful industry, and the demands of the few, we will continue to see our children die.

Have at it. I'm not going to be responding further.
    So, you "step in it", then trail it off? What common-sense gun control would have prevented this shooting?

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

14. Amen RumTumTugger, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Nothing was done last time, or the time before, or the time before that; nothing will be done this time.
    Perhaps because those attempting to address the problem are looking in the wrong direction. Guns are not the cause of school shootings; they are mere accessories.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

16. Amen Jedidiah, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Not true - endless speculation, conclusion jumping, side taking, arguing, grandstanding, campaign promising......

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

18. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    All the warning signs were there...
    Again!

20. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.