Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wife Beaters of High Integrity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife Beaters of High Integrity

I noticed that Mountain Man and others drunk on Trump’s personality didn’t start a thread on the John Kelly matter. Here’s a Fox News article reporting on Kelly’s damage control after having heaped awkwardly high praise on Rob Porter weeks prior:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...abhorrent.html

Trump’s Twitter response to the matter was typically rash and ill informed:

Originally posted by Trump
    Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?
    Aside from humor of Trump playing the “Due Process” card given POTUS’ utter contempt for due process in most situations that relate to him, is there even a substantive point in there given the context of the situation? Porter’s life isn’t being “shattered.” He was merely fired for leaving behind good evidence that he punched his wife in the eye. He can easily get a good job at any conservative organization after this.

Let’s see Mountain Man defend this one...

(BTW, is anyone annoyed that Trump randomly makes some words and terms proper nouns? What’s the idea there?)

so they defended him when there was no evidence and stopped after some evidence was released? what a disaster
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      so they defended him when there was no evidence and stopped after some evidence was released? what a disaster
      I know you’re simple minded, but it’s not that simple:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ance-problems/

From article:

“At the White House press briefing, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders acknowledged that the FBI had completed the investigation in January, but defended the previous comments from the White House noting that the White House Office of Presidential Personnel was still reviewing Porter’s case when he resigned.”

Trump tweeted about it on 2/10. Kelly defended Porter with this statement after having been briefed by the FBI:

"Rob Porter is a man of true integrity and honor and I can't say enough good things about him. He is a friend, a confidante and a trusted professional. I am proud to serve alongside him.”

So, yes, a disaster on many fronts.

Comment

There WAS evidence. The FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation last March and then a completed a background investigation in late July,” Wray said. “Soon thereafter, we received requests for follow-up inquiry, and we did the follow up and provided that information in November. - Newsweek. It seems that misogyny reigns in the White House, from Trump down.
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          I know you’re simple minded, but it’s not that simple:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ance-problems/

From article:

“At the White House press briefing, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders acknowledged that the FBI had completed the investigation in January, but defended the previous comments from the White House noting that the White House Office of Presidential Personnel was still reviewing Porter’s case when he resigned.”

Trump tweeted about it on 2/10. Kelly defended Porter with this statement after having been briefed by the FBI:

"Rob Porter is a man of true integrity and honor and I can't say enough good things about him. He is a friend, a confidante and a trusted professional. I am proud to serve alongside him.”

So, yes, a disaster on many fronts.
          so he defended someone before there was proof, and when the proof came out he condemned his actions. That's what you are whining about?

allegations are not proof, Whag. Except in Liberal La-La Land.

Comment

"Let’s see Mountain Man defend this one..."

What's there to defend?
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              There WAS evidence. The FBI submitted a partial report on the investigation last March and then a completed a background investigation in late July,” Wray said. “Soon thereafter, we received requests for follow-up inquiry, and we did the follow up and provided that information in November. - Newsweek. It seems that misogyny reigns in the White House, from Trump down.
              Yes the FBI submitted a partial report, so what? Where does it say the FBI knew about the domestic abuse and put it in the report? Seems more likely that they didn't find anything, especially if the women never filed a police report.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Did any of them defend the wife beating? That is the question that comes to my mind?
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  so he defended someone before there was proof, and when the proof came out he condemned his actions. That's what you are whining about?
                  Again, if Kelly was briefed, he was briefed with evidence. What else do you think FBI investigations contain besides evidence? Evidence factors into whether a cabinet member obtains security clearance or not.

Originally posted by Sparko
                  allegations are not proof, Whag. Except in Liberal La-La Land.
                  Trump suggested Ted Cruz’s father had something to do with JFK’s assasination. You’re not being honest with yourself if you think only liberals inflate the importance of allegation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Did any of them defend the wife beating? That is the question that comes to my mind?
                    I can’t think of anyone who’d think that defending domestic abuse would be advantageous for them. Rather, it was the way Kelly ignored the importance of the evidence of which he was aware.

It might just be a case of Kelly not doing his homework (not reading the brief), but in that case, all he’d have to say is that he failed to read the documents that it was his job to read.

Comment

I can’t think of anyone who’d think that defending domestic abuse would be advantageous for them. Rather, it was the way Kelly ignored the importance of the evidence of which he was aware.

It might just be a case of Kelly not doing his homework (not reading the brief), but in that case, all he’d have to say is that he failed to read the documents that it was his job to read.
                      Could you link to a copy the brief?

Comment

Again, if Kelly was briefed, he was briefed with evidence. What else do you think FBI investigations contain besides evidence? Evidence factors into whether a cabinet member obtains security clearance or not.

Trump suggested Ted Cruz’s father had something to do with JFK’s assasination. You’re not being honest with yourself if you think only liberals inflate the importance of allegation.

Kelly came under fire after initially defending Porter.

“Rob Porter is a man of true integrity and honor and I can’t say enough good things about him. He is a friend, a confidante, and a trusted professional. I am proud to serve alongside him,” his initial statement read.

However, White House Press Secretary Raj Shah told reporters Thursday that Kelly only became “fully aware” of the full extent of the allegations against Porter the day prior.

“I’m not going to get into specifics of who may have known pieces of information. … We all became aware of the news reports that emerged Wednesday morning and the graphic images,” Shah said.

Comment

Yes the FBI submitted a partial report, so what? Where does it say the FBI knew about the domestic abuse and put it in the report? Seems more likely that they didn't find anything, especially if the women never filed a police report.
                          It’s not unusual for a battered wife to not report abuse to police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.39d6a2351d09

“We were arguing and he punched me in the face,” she said. “He left visible marks when he punched me and I have pictures of that. I didn’t go the police because I was scared, I was in Italy alone and I didn’t know what to do.”

Comment

It’s not unusual for a battered wife to not report abuse to police.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.39d6a2351d09

“We were arguing and he punched me in the face,” she said. “He left visible marks when he punched me and I have pictures of that. I didn’t go the police because I was scared, I was in Italy alone and I didn’t know what to do.”
                            Then how would it end up in a background check? Is the FBI employing psychics?

Comment

Then how would it end up in a background check? Is the FBI employing psychics?
                              No, but they do employ agents who interview people you know or have known. When the FBI does a background check, it will do more than look for a criminal history, I’m assuming.

Why don’t you go look for yourself if you’re interested enough in the story to respond.

Comment