Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ban All Semi-Auto Firearms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Mine are 40 round magazines.
    Those are illegal in my state after Sandy Hook - 10 rounds max. But you know how much more firepower those have as compared to a bolt action rifle.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Those are illegal in my state after Sandy Hook - 10 rounds max. But you know how much more firepower those have as compared to a bolt action rifle.
      Yeah, but it's amazing how easy it is to obtain them, and if you're going to break the law, you know full well somebody is going to ignore the 10 round limit.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Let's not be pansies and nibble around the edges with "gun control" legislation. If "guns" -- even semi-auto -- are the problem, let's go all in, and start a full-on push to repeal the Second Amendment.

Any attempt to deal with it by legislation or judicial activism amounts to thumbing noses at the Constitution and rendering it meaningless. Make the case to deal with the problem by the Constitutionally provided route: Amendments.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          Let's not be pansies and nibble around the edges with "gun control" legislation. If "guns" -- even semi-auto -- are the problem, let's go all in, and start a full-on push to repeal the Second Amendment.
          That's politically impossible, any time in the next 300 years. If one were convinced that guns were the problem, hypothetically, half measures are they only recourse they would have.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            That's politically impossible, any time in the next 300 years. If one were convinced that guns were the problem, hypothetically, half measures are they only recourse they would have.
            All those "half measures" are nothing but ways to render the Constitution irrelevant. That infuriates me.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Have you actually ever fired an AR-15? The fact is if you have a twenty/thirty round clip you can fire quite fast with good accuracy.
              Yeah I have. My brother owned one. heavy suckers.

My point was that someone with a couple of revolvers could probably do as much damage as most of these incidents if they wanted to. Banning semi-autos would not stop mass shootings.
              Last edited by Sparko; 02-18-2018, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Yeah I have. My brother owned one. heavy suckers.

My point was that someone with a couple of revolvers could probably do as much damage as most of these incidents if they wanted to. Banning semi-autos would not stop mass shootings.
                Well...it WILL stop mass shootings using conventional semi-autos...although as has been pointed out, a double action revolver is still semi-auto...I guess you could make it mandatory for all pistols to be single action. But like a pump shotgun or rifle it doesn't take much time to cock it.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  Well...it WILL stop mass shootings using conventional semi-autos...although as has been pointed out, a double action revolver is still semi-auto...I guess you could make it mandatory for all pistols to be single action. But like a pump shotgun or rifle it doesn't take much time to cock it.
                  I think that no matter what you ban, someone will still find a way to mass kill people. Run them over with a car, bow and arrows, swords, make a bomb, poison them...

Comment

I think that no matter what you ban, someone will still find a way to mass kill people. Run them over with a car, bow and arrows, swords, make a bomb, poison them...
                    which is why, contrary to Kings Gambit, "it's a sin problem and not a gun problem" isn't just a platitude.
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

All those "half measures" are nothing but ways to render the Constitution irrelevant. That infuriates me.
                      The reason they won't directly go after the 2nd is because if they did they would inaugurate a most bloody civil war...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

The reason they won't directly go after the 2nd is because if they did they would inaugurate a most bloody civil war...
                        the biggest problem is that the people that would have to enforce the repeal and collect the guns, the military and the police, are composed of citizens that are the most likely to support the 2nd amendment and refuse to take the guns.

Comment

Any attempt to deal with it by legislation or judicial activism amounts to thumbing noses at the Constitution and rendering it meaningless. Make the case to deal with the problem by the Constitutionally provided route: Amendments.
                          This simply reveals the honest goal of at least one advocate.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

But they would love to see the 2nd removed.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

the biggest problem is that the people that would have to enforce the repeal and collect the guns, the military and the police, are composed of citizens that are the most likely to support the 2nd amendment and refuse to take the guns.
                              At lest the Marine Corps would mostly be on our side...

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                But they would love to see the 2nd removed.
                                Of course, that is one of the main things that prevents the leftists from gaining total control.

Comment