Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Age Requirement for Owning Semi-Auto Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh. 28 or it really does not matter.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      That would be a pointless change just to try to make things look better to the gun grabbers.
      Gun grabber here. Doesn't go nearly far enough for me, so I also agree it's unlikely to make much of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
        yeah fix spelling it's support not suppurt.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I voted don't care because it doesn't matter. Unless you reduce the number of guns in the country, unless you make it legal for the authorities to confiscate legally purchased firearms from adults who haven't committed a crime, it wont matter. To me, it's not a question of "if" but of "when." I believe we will inevitably get to that point. The question is simply how many innocent dead it will require.
          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
          Save me, save me"

Comment

I voted opposed. Not only will it make absolutely no difference in gun violence, it will most likely have the effect of turning off many would be young shooters. My first shotgun was a single shot 20 ga. But, by the time I was in H.S. I was using my dad's Remington 1100 to hunt doves, quail and turkey. My first deer rifle my dad bought me when I was 12 was a Winchester Model 100 ranch rifle in .243 caliber. The kick on that thing was sweet! I shot his bolt action 30.06 one time and said, I don't think I want to deer hunt. At 4'8" and all of 90 lbs soaking wet, even his lever action 30/30 was too much. I'm still a deer hunter today and I do use a bolt action .270 but as I get older I'm thinking of an AR 10 in a .308 or .300 short mag. The first time I shot a .357 revolver around 8th or 9th grade...it like to took the skin off my purlicue (webbing between the thumb and forefinger). Did not enjoy shooting it.
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I have conflicted feelings on this. It makes a certain sort of sense, but I'm also a 19-year-old who doesn't like being told he can't do stuff.
              Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                Eh. 28 or it really does not matter.
                How about 121?
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  How about 121?
                  I did say "or it does not matter." The median age is cited now to be about 25. And is supposed to range between 20 and 30. So maybe 30 would be better than 28.

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/0...lly-developed/
                  . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

18 SHOULD be old enough. After all we send 18 year olds off to war to kill with much more than semi-autos.

I remember when I was in high school. Kids would have gun racks in their car with guns in them. They had shooting classes at one high school I went to, where they taught gun safety and had competitions. And nobody was ever killed and there were no rampages. The worse we had was some kid calling in a bomb scare to get out of class one time.

Comment

I am disappointed that there are still only two of us definitely opposed.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        18 SHOULD be old enough. After all we send 18 year olds off to war to kill with much more than semi-autos.

I remember when I was in high school. Kids would have gun racks in their car with guns in them. They had shooting classes at one high school I went to, where they taught gun safety and had competitions. And nobody was ever killed and there were no rampages. The worse we had was some kid calling in a bomb scare to get out of class one time.
                        Then it really does not matter. 12-13 year olds and older who know how to properly use a gun or a rifle should be allowed to own one with the parents or adult supervision. Why not? Of course it does not change the physical fact of a mature brain is typically not till some time in one's late 20's. I had originally read at about 27. So I figure 28 would be for most adults. Now I can only find articles saying around 25.

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                          Then it really does not matter. 12-13 year olds and older who know how to properly use a gun or a rifle should be allowed to own one with the parents or adult supervision. Why not? Of course it does not change the physical fact of a mature brain is typically not till some time in one's late 20's. I had originally read at about 27. So I figure 28 would be for most adults. Now I can only find articles saying around 25.
                          I had my first shotgun when I was around 10-12. A 410 single shot. I got a 12-guage when I was 16, I won it at a raffle at the VFW club. I was taught as young as 6 how to handle a gun safely. The only stupid thing I ever did with a gun was my BB Gun (7 years old) when I was shooting at a tin can lid and it bounced back and almost hit me in the eye. I told my mom, "You know how you told me to be careful or I would put my eye out? Well..." and I got chewed out pretty good.

Comment

I had my first shotgun when I was around 10-12. A 410 single shot. I got a 12-guage when I was 16, I won it at a raffle at the VFW club. I was taught as young as 6 how to handle a gun safely. The only stupid thing I ever did with a gun was my BB Gun (7 years old) when I was shooting at a tin can lid and it bounced back and almost hit me in the eye. I told my mom, "You know how you told me to be careful or I would put my eye out? Well..." and I got chewed out pretty good.
                            "Almost"? [*Looks intently at the man wearing an eye patch*]

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                "Almost"? [*Looks intently at the man wearing an eye patch*]
                                That was because of me hook!

Comment