Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns and Mental Illness

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Why do you think they have an "agenda against guns" other than for "solving the problem"? That claim makes no sense to me.

I suggest it's worth you watching this 6-minute youtube clip, where John Oliver talks to people in Australia about the situation there. One of the takeaways is that the politicians in Australia saw that implementing gun control would be an election loser but did it anyway because they wanted to make their country safer. The conservative party there that was in government upset their own base by enacting gun control rapidly after a massacre.

(contains a couple of swear-words)
    Government ignoring the will of those they represent and doing what they want anyway. What could possibility go wrong?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    You're not a serious person, so you wouldn't take it seriously no matter what.
    Probably.