Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller indicts 16 russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Then there's that old saying "you can indict a ham sandwich".
    Here's What The '13 Russians' Were Indicted For:

“Count one: Conspiracy to defraud the United States

Mueller said the defendant's goal was to impair, obstruct and defeat the functions of the presidential election by "dishonest means." The targeted actions began in May 2014.”

“Count two: Conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud

Beginning in 2016 and as late as March 30, 2017, the 13 Russians managed to steal the identities of U.S. citizens and used those IDs to open up bank accounts. The accounts were used to receive and send money for a variety of purposes, including pay for expenses, Facebook ads and to receive money from advertising from merchants and unaffiliated social media sites”.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapo.../#1566f0873bda

...more than the average “ham sandwich” indictments I would say.

Do you have a brightly colored feather boa that you put on when you do these drama queen routines?
    You would be the one to know what “drama queens” do, given your unhealthy obsession with them.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      Here's What The '13 Russians' Were Indicted For:
      Doesn't change the fact that the prosecution presents their case to a grand jury without defense or defense counsel present.

You would be the one to know what “drama queens” do, given your unhealthy obsession with them.
      You're the source of my material.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Interesting...
        I don't think Mueller gives a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys about Hillary. His mandate has always been to "get" Trump any way he can.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Doesn't change the fact that the prosecution presents their case to a grand jury without defense or defense counsel present.
          The case is nevertheless considerably more than a “ham sandwich”, which was your sad, Trumpian effort to trivialise very serious indictments. “Evidence of Russian meddling in the 2016 election is now really incontrovertible," according to White House National Security Adviser and Trump appointee, H.R. McMaster.

You're the source of my material.
          No. Decorated war hero John McCain’s reference to Russian interference as “an act of war” was the source of your “material”. Is HR McMaster, also a decorated war hero, being a “drama queen" too, with his comments above?
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I don't think Mueller gives a pair of fetid dingo's kidneys about Hillary. His mandate has always been to "get" Trump any way he can.
            Nonsense! Mueller's mandate has always been to serve as Special Counsel to oversee the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election. You Trump clones are so paranoid.

Comment

The case is nevertheless considerably more than a “ham sandwich”, which was your sad, Trumpian effort to trivialise very serious indictments. “Evidence of Russian meddling in the 2016 election is now really incontrovertible," according to White House National Security Adviser and Trump appointee, H.R. McMaster.
              But the Russians were doing this long before the election, you don't think we do the same thing? And they did anti-Trump stuff as well. So no collusion.

No. Decorated war hero John McCain’s reference to Russian interference as “an act of war” was the source of your “material”. Is HR McMaster, also a decorated war hero, being a “drama queen" too, with his comments above?
              I always like McCain, but he is far too ready to go to war. The bottom line, with all these indictments, is that the Russians were putting fake stories on Facebook and Twitter. Called for a couple of rallies for and against Trump.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Nonsense! Mueller's mandate has always been to serve as Special Counsel to oversee the previously-confirmed FBI investigation of Russian government efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election. You Trump clones are so paranoid.
                No Tass, this has always been about collusion between the Trump team and Russia! And you know it...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

There you go again, acting more like the person you hate, Trumpman. And you're apparently too stupid to realize that the "ham sandwich" analogy is simply a statement that it's not difficult to get an indictment.

No, Trumpman, you hold the lead in "drama queen" conduct. Even a "decorated war hero" (for whom you would otherwise have disdain) can say something dumb occasionally. It does not make it more true simply because McCain was a POW.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

McCain hand-delivered the hoax dossier to the FBI. He was either complicit or a dupe (perhaps a willing one). That doesn't give him a lot of credibility.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      McCain hand-delivered the hoax dossier to the FBI. He was either complicit or a dupe (perhaps a willing one). That doesn't give him a lot of credibility.
                      While I have great respect for McCain's war record*, it doesn't prevent him from doing really dumb things after the fact.

*do you honestly think Tass/Trumpman has any real respect for war heroes, other than to use that tag as an attempt to prove the guy is correct?

Comment

Interesting...
                        Does Mueller Indictment Mean Clinton Campaign Can Be Indicted for Chris Steele?

Special Counsel Robert Mueller indicted foreign citizens for trying to influence the American public about an election because those citizens did not register as a foreign agent nor record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission. By that theory, when will Mueller indict Christopher Steele, FusionGPS, PerkinsCoie, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign? Mueller’s indictment against 13 Russian trolls claimed their social media political activity was criminal because: they were foreign citizens; they tried to influence an election; and they neither registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act nor reported their funding to the Federal Elections Commission.

First, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make Steele a criminal: first, he is a foreign citizen; second, he tried to influence an election, which he received payments to do (including from the FBI itself); and third, he neither registered as a foreign agent nor listed his receipts and expenditures to the Federal Election Commission. Also, according to the FBI, along the way, Steele lied…a lot, while the dossier he disseminated contained its own lies based on bought-and-paid for smears from foreign sources reliant on rumors and innuendo.

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/does...-chris-steele/

So once again the conservative media seems to be following me on theologyweb. I said this a couple of days ago and now I have seen several news agencies repeating my words.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Why hasn't he indicted Steele who is a foreign national for interfering in the election?

Comment

So once again the conservative media seems to be following me on theologyweb. I said this a couple of days ago and now I have seen several news agencies repeating my words.
                          You are trend setter bro...

Comment

You are trend setter bro...
                            Very True.

Comment

Very True.
                              Now send that pound of bacon you promised...

Comment

According to the letter appointing Mueller - the focus was the Russian influence investigation AND 1) any links to the Trump campaign, any other matters they uncover, and anything else within the scope of CFR Title 28, Chapter 6, Part 600, Section 600.4 (which creates the office of the special counsel).
                                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment