Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller indicts 16 russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, Russians interfered in the U.S. elections. Apparently everyone in the world, accept for Trump, admits to that now. But Mueller is not going to let out all that the investigation has so far uncovered, so the fact that there is nothing in the indictment about americans knowingly participating doesn't mean that there were no americans knowingly participating.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Yes, Russians interfered in the U.S. elections. Apparently everyone in the world, accept for Trump, admits to that now. But Mueller is not going to let out all that the investigation has so far uncovered, so the fact that there is nothing in the indictment about americans knowingly participating doesn't mean that there were no americans knowingly participating.
      Nor does it mean that the Americans who "unwittingly participated" had no effect on the election. According to indictments announced by Rosenstein there were many events boosted by operatives from the Russian troll factory that were intended to sow political discord in the US. Some of those operatives personally contacted Americans to promote activities meant to boost Trump and denounce Hillary Clinton.

Comment

Define "define".

Comment

Nothing new there CP, collusion hasn't been proven, yet. But I'm afraid that Trump has a lot more than just collusion to worry about being charged with now.
          It takes very little effort to do a search here on Tweb proving you were implying Trump was definitely involved in collusion with the Russians. But, no, nothing new about you pretending it isn't true.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
            "Breitbart lol"
            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            This actually made me laugh.
            What's even funnier is that carpe and Dimbulb unironically "amened" Zym's post.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I have to admit, I'm not seeing the irony...?
              The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                I have to admit, I'm not seeing the irony...?
                You mean the unirony.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You mean the unirony.
                  I thought he was saying that we "amen'd" without being aware of the irony of that amen.

OK... I'm now officially
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    Define "define".
                    Not sure what you're getting at here.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Not sure what you're getting at here.
                      Depends on what the meaning of "is" is?

Comment

I thought he was saying that we "amen'd" without being aware of the irony of that amen.

OK... I'm now officially
                        He was mocking you guys, and you both said, "Yeah, that! "

Comment

Depends on what the meaning of "is" is?
                          I suspect it has more to do with what the meaning of "was" was.

Comment

He was mocking you guys, and you both said, "Yeah, that! "
                            Umm... "Yeah, that" was in response to "Brietbart, lol," which was Zym's post. I frankly didn't read your post - I was simply agreeing with Zym's apparent sentiment about the media outlet.

Comment

Umm... "Yeah, that" was in response to "Brietbart, lol," which was Zym's post. I frankly didn't read your post - I was simply agreeing with Zym's apparent sentiment about the media outlet.
                              And you didn't even notice that his comment was in quotes?

This keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Comment

And you didn't even notice that his comment was in quotes?

This keeps getting funnier and funnier.
                                Actually - no - I didn't. So you're right - ironic!

Here - let me give it to you without the quotes...

Brietbart?

Comment