Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mueller indicts 16 russians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's my line.
    Bite it...big boy...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Really?
      The fact that the indictments say they were working with "unwitting" participants suggests that the whole collusion hoax is over.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The fact that the indictments say they were working with "unwitting" participants suggests that the whole collusion hoax is over.
        And this: It's notable that the same persons and organizations organized anti-Trump activism after the election.

I suspect that Trump colluded with the Russians on anti-Trump activism - brilliantly devious, that Trump!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          There is a pretty good breakdown of the situation here.
          demi opens link

'Take 5 minutes, read this and you’ll understand the whole Trump-Russia controversy'

Really, writing down to idiots. Sad!
          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Looks like Mueller has served up another order of nothing-burgers.
            I wouldn't say that. An 'indictment' is to formally charge someone with a serious crime, not something one does lightly. You lot seem remarkably inclined to hand-wave away what, if true, is an extremely serious crime against the USA by a hostile power. An "act of war" in the words of Senator McCain.
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
              I wouldn't say that. An 'indictment' is to formally charge someone with a serious crime, not something one does lightly. You lot seem remarkably inclined to hand-wave away what, if true, is an extremely serious crime against the USA by a hostile power. An "act of war" in the words of Senator McCain.
              LOL, lying on Twitter is an act of war? Very serious crime indeed!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

What about McCain attempting to influence the election by hand-delivering the hoax dossier to the FBI. Was that an act of war?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Has Meuller indicted Demi yet?

Run Demi! Run! They are coming for you!

Comment

I wouldn't say that. An 'indictment' is to formally charge someone with a serious crime, not something one does lightly. You lot seem remarkably inclined to hand-wave away what, if true, is an extremely serious crime against the USA by a hostile power.
                    Then there's that old saying "you can indict a ham sandwich".

An "act of war" in the words of Senator McCain.
                    Do you have a brightly colored feather boa that you put on when you do these drama queen routines?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Has Meuller indicted Demi yet?
                      If it happens, Demi regrets nothing!!!
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                        If it happens, Demi regrets nothing!!!
                        Since I did a background search on you and found out that you are actually Putin, you might be immune from prosecution in the USA.

Demi-Conservative IP 95.173.136.71

ISP/Organization Russian State Internet Network
                        Location Moscow 102128, Moscow City, Russian Federation (RU)
                        Latitude 55.7522 / 55°45′7″ N
                        Longitude 37.6156 / 37°36′56″ E
                        Timezone Europe/Moscow
                        Local Time Sat, 17 Feb 2018 17:14:59 +0300

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Do you have a brightly colored feather boa that you put on when you do these drama queen routines?
                          I bet he looks cute though...

Comment

I wouldn't say that. An 'indictment' is to formally charge someone with a serious crime, not something one does lightly...
                            Let's come back to this just a minute to debunk this. An "indictment" is simply the prosecution convincing a jury of (usually) 16-23 citizens that a formal charge is warranted. The defense is not present, there is no judge, and all the prosecution needs to do is selectively lay our their case, most often avoiding exculpatory evidence or facts. It is not a trial by any means, just a procedure in (usually) a felony case, as opposed to a "complaint" in a trial court. Hence the commonly used idiom "you can indict a ham sandwich".

If the jury moves to advance the matter to a formal charge, then there's the matter of getting the subject(s) to court, where they are still innocent until proven guilty. That's how this works.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As I've said before, every person who has ever been found "not guilty" by a court was indicted at some point.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Interesting...

Does Mueller Indictment Mean Clinton Campaign Can Be Indicted for Chris Steele?

Special Counsel Robert Mueller indicted foreign citizens for trying to influence the American public about an election because those citizens did not register as a foreign agent nor record their financial expenditures to the Federal Elections Commission. By that theory, when will Mueller indict Christopher Steele, FusionGPS, PerkinsCoie, the DNC and the Clinton Campaign? Mueller’s indictment against 13 Russian trolls claimed their social media political activity was criminal because: they were foreign citizens; they tried to influence an election; and they neither registered under the Foreign Agents Registration Act nor reported their funding to the Federal Elections Commission.

First, if Mueller’s theory is correct, three things make Steele a criminal: first, he is a foreign citizen; second, he tried to influence an election, which he received payments to do (including from the FBI itself); and third, he neither registered as a foreign agent nor listed his receipts and expenditures to the Federal Election Commission. Also, according to the FBI, along the way, Steele lied…a lot, while the dossier he disseminated contained its own lies based on bought-and-paid for smears from foreign sources reliant on rumors and innuendo.

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/does...-chris-steele/

Comment