Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month

FBI admits it didn’t investigate tip on alleged school shooter last month

Another black eye for the FBI...

The FBI was warned last month that Nikolas Cruz was an armed psycho who might shoot up a school — but it didn’t bother investigating, the agency admitted Friday.

“A person close to” Cruz called the agency’s tipline on Jan. 5 and reported the 19-year-old had a “desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts” and there was “potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the FBI said in a statement.

But the agency said it failed to pass on any of that information to its Miami field office, even thought its own protocols say he “should have been assessed as a potential threat to life.”

Somebody (or persons) at the FBI need to be fired. How bout we fix THIS crap before calling for a gun grab!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

That's what I have been saying. The FBI dropped the ball on this one. They can't seem to do anything right lately.

Where's Mulder and Scully?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Where's Mulder and Scully?
      Chasing after aliens who they're certain influenced the election.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I wonder how many tips the FBI gets every day. This isn't an excuse for their admitted failure to follow their own protocol but I imagine they get quite a few.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I wonder how many tips the FBI gets every day. This isn't an excuse for their admitted failure to follow their own protocol but I imagine they get quite a few.
          Nonsense they should have picked up that kid immediately, this is a big deal - someone needs to be fired!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I wonder how many tips the FBI gets every day.
            That may have been an issue back in the paper and pencil days...

This isn't an excuse for their admitted failure to follow their own protocol but I imagine they get quite a few.
            I'm amazed there's not an 800 tip-line number for school shooting information, along with a special response unit. I mean - is this a big deal, or not?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wonder how many tips the FBI gets every day.
              A hundred.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I was discussing this issue the other day with a friend. I don't think that our mental health apparatus are equipped to handle people with these types of problems. Law enforcement has a role here, but the more I consider it...the more I think law enforcement needs better collaboration with mental health services. Well, at least where I live.

While their lack of follow through sucks, I've got to give the FBI credit for admitting their mistakes on this one. That doesn't always happen.
                "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                  I was discussing this issue the other day with a friend. I don't think that our mental health apparatus are equipped to handle people with these types of problems. Law enforcement has a role here, but the more I consider it...the more I think law enforcement needs better collaboration with mental health services. Well, at least where I live.

While their lack of follow through sucks, I've got to give the FBI credit for admitting their mistakes on this one. That doesn't always happen.
                  I agree. but actually they didn't really have much choice once the story broke. What else could they do but say, "our bad!"?

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                    I agree - in the article I posted about helping a homeless man, the police were very cooperative, but admitted they couldn't do anything because he wasn't threatening suicide or the life of somebody else. They advised me to go before a judge as an advocate and, basically, swear out a mental health warrant. We got the guy help, and he's doing good, but it was quite a deliberate process. Even MHMR was reluctant to help without the warrant, and began with "We'll make an appointment for you for tomorrow". The need was immediate, as they soon saw.

Also agreed, but I suspect they knew it was about to be made public - I suspect some reporter(s) was/were asking pointed questions. But they did the right thing - just go ahead and get it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I agree. but actually they didn't really have much choice once the story broke. What else could they do but say, "our bad!"?
                      Fire scapegoat underling, like Loise Lerner and IRS?
                      Last edited by demi-conservative; 02-18-2018, 06:35 AM.
                      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment