Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Emma Gonzalez's important speach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    What do you think the Illuminati wants to do to the population that we might retaliate for?
    Not the illuminati, progressives. You already fine or throw people in jail for deriding your degenerate religion in other Western countries. History (IE: soviet union) shows nothing good comes of giving left wingers absolute power.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post
      What else would you use canned peas for?
      Target practice with high-powered rifle, what else?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pro-gun disconnect:
        Originally posted by Darth Executor
        But we both know the real motive here is to disarm the population so that you can do whatever you want to them with no possibility of serious retaliation.
        Originally posted by Sparko
        You don't stop these people by taking away their guns. They will use poison, trucks, knives, swords, or bombs, or rocks.
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          sigh. Guns are more effective than knives. Nobody ever said anything different.
          See post #2 where that claim was characterised as irrational.
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Pro-gun disconnect:
            [citation needed]
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

My emphasis:
              Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I have no problem if you can find a way to keep these nutters from getting guns while protecting law-abiding citizens' rights to own guns.
              I'm not an American, Sparko. I can't change your laws, or vote out your politicians. The only way I can stop nutters in the US from getting guns is try to influence Americans who can do those things. You just don't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                [citation needed]
                Citation for what? That those two want USAns to have guns, or that their statements conflict?

Comment

Citation for what? That those two want USAns to have guns, or that their statements conflict?
                  For starters, DE isn’t an American Mr Nitpicker?
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Pro-gun disconnect:
                    Where is the disconnect? I was talking about organized military resistance, Sparko was talking about psycho nutjobs. The former needs a heavily armed population, the latter needs no conventional firearms at all.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      For starters, DE isn’t an American Mr Nitpicker?
                      It is possible for non-Americans to make pro-gun statements.

So, again, what do you want a citation for? That those two want USAns to have guns, or that their statements conflict?

Alternatively, you could go back to calling Starlight a moron because you can't parse sentences and don't think anyone could possibly be aware of facts that you needed to research.

Comment

It is possible for non-Americans to make pro-gun statements.
                        Never said otherwise.

So, again, what do you want a citation for? That those two want USAns to have guns, or that their statements conflict?
                        How do they ‘conflict’ and even if they do, so what? Wasn’t aware that everyone that supported an issue had to walk in lock step.

Alternatively, you could go back to calling Starlight a moron because you can't parse sentences and don't think anyone could possibly be aware of facts that you needed to research.
                        So you’ve shown that lead pipes are used in fracking and are causing lead in water? Where did you make such a discovery because I wonder why a modern operation would use lead pipes or why they would use them for high pressure applications because I thought lead pipes had a tendency to leak at high pressures and are not used in high pressure applications for their low strength under high pressure. Since you want to defend anyone that is an atheist, show me where you discovered lead pipes currently in use in fracking.
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          a few flying cans might distract the shooter enough to give someone time to tackle them.
                          Or give the teacher enough time to pull out his own gun and put the shooter down for good.

If only liberals weren't dead-set against allowing people to use firearms to defend themselves...
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            Where is the disconnect? I was talking about organized military resistance, Sparko was talking about psycho nutjobs. The former needs a heavily armed population, the latter needs no conventional firearms at all.
                            There are lots of examples of resistance forces achieving serious retaliation using bombs and knives, as well as sabotage and other improvised weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                              If a kid wants to kill people at school, making sure he doesn't have guns would significantly hamper his plans. That's something we can do to fight the problem right now. Getting to the heart of mass killings and finding a way to prevent them from the beginning isn't going to happen any time soon.
                              I am all for that as long as it doesn't involve taking guns out of law-abiding citizen's hands.

Raise the age of gun ownership to 21 like Cow poke suggested. Most of these school shootings are by disgruntled and disturbed students. Put metal detectors at the doors and have armed guards. When the FBI gets a credible threat report about someone like Cruz, investigate it and take away any guns they own, or have them committed and get some help. There is a lot we can do that is reasonable that doesn't involve overreacting and screaming "destroy all guns!"

Comment

There are lots of examples of resistance forces achieving serious retaliation using bombs and knives, as well as sabotage and other improvised weapons.
                                I don't want retaliation, i want enough fire power in the hands of civillians that, when combined with deserting army units, can retake the country from a tyrannical government. You need guns for that, period.

Comment