Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Emma Gonzalez's important speach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Making yourself a target isn't the smartest thing you can do in that kind of situation.
    You're already a target in that kind of situation. It's best to think of yourself as being already dead. Then, by being the walking dead instead of the living stiff, you can act and possibly save your life or the lives of subsequent targets.

Even cowering behind a desk is better than just standing up and getting shot.
    P sure even the desks don't provide adequate protection from the average bullet in the first place. having multiple people throw stuff at him is more effective than cowering behind a desk and letting him pick you off one by one. Yes, you risk exposing yourself to greater temporary risk, but it's still a much better strategy.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      You're already a target in that kind of situation. It's best to think of yourself as being already dead. Then, by being the walking dead instead of the living stiff, you can act and possibly save your life or the lives of subsequent targets.

P sure even the desks don't provide adequate protection from the average bullet in the first place. having multiple people throw stuff at him is more effective than cowering behind a desk and letting him pick you off one by one. Yes, you risk exposing yourself to greater temporary risk, but it's still a much better strategy.
      The best strategy is to get other people to throw cans at him while you get out of there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        The best strategy is to get other people to throw cans at him while you get out of there.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          Brave Sir Robin lives to run another day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
            No. Asked anyone to explain yet?
            Still unable to support the positive claim?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              Still unable to support the positive claim?
              So you still haven't got a clue.
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                So you still haven't got a clue.
                Oh great one, since you claim to know everything, do explain the issue or are you going to go on for 30 pages, while saying you don’t want to ‘get into this’?
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment