Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.02.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.02.19

Glory Seed Devotional’s 2018 Experiencing Jesus, the Prelude to Life
    Standing on…
    Shalom!

“Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.” (Psalm 27:13–14)

Russel K. Carter in 1886 penned the prophetic words of this famous song (I’ve included only 3 verses and the refrain).
    Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
    Through eternal ages let his praises ring;
    Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,

Standing on the promises of God.
    Standing, standing,
    Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
    Standing, standing,

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
    When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
    By the living Word of God I shall prevail,

One of the reasons I love the Psalms is because of their ability to bring hope and encouragement at just the right time and at the right situation. The particular verses quoted above are unique because their promises that are significant for this life! I will see the LORD’s goodness before I pass on! Yet as excited and as hopeful as they are they also contain words of caution, the goodness I will experience is God authored and God centered. The Psalmist puts it this way, “I will see the LORD’s goodness,” Jeremiah said it this way, “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11) Jesus said this way, “He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.”” (Matthew 26:39) (emphasis mine)

The Promise is this: “By the living Word of God WE shall prevail,” Only God knows the goodness we will experience but then just experiencing God is all the Goodness we’ll every need! And finally, there’s this…

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
    List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call,
    Resting in my Savior as my all in all,

“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life…” (John 14:6)

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless otherwise stated all scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X