Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Minimum Wage Vs Automation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I don't eat out much. That said, if I went to one of these places and there were both automated kiosks and human clerks, I would pick whichever would get me my order the fastest (and then invariably be wrong, as the other line always moves faster).
    I love those stores where there are multiple check-out stations, but a single line leading to the 'bunch' of them, and whoever's "next" gets the first available check-out person. One of the stores even has a little "pulpit" where an employee watches the stations, and tells the person next in line "station 12, please".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I can take automated ordering systems in a fast food restaurant.

But I absofreakinglutely HATE the automated checkout lines* at the supermarket. I refuse to use them if I have more than a handful of items. I much rather have a cute girl check me out. She is faster and more efficient than I can be at the automated stand and I get someone else to do the bagging for me.

*To be honest, they are not really even automated. They are ME-ated. They are forcing me to do the labor for free and not even giving me a discount!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I can take automated ordering systems in a fast food restaurant.

But I absofreakinglutely HATE the automated checkout lines at the supermarket. I refuse to use them if I have more than a handful of items. I much rather have a cute girl check me out. She is faster and more efficient than I can be at the automated stand and I get someone else to do the bagging for me.
        It only SEEMS like she's faster cause you're so busy gazing at her beauty, and you don't notice all her double-scans and triple pricing cause... cause you're gazing at her beauty instead of watching the kaching kaching kaching.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          *To be honest, they are not really even automated. They are ME-ated. They are forcing me to do the labor for free and not even giving me a discount!
          But, think of it this way... when you are scanning your own groceries, you are being checked out by their very best and brightest employee!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It only SEEMS like she's faster cause you're so busy gazing at her beauty, and you don't notice all her double-scans and triple pricing cause... cause you're gazing at her beauty instead of watching the kaching kaching kaching.
            what? did you says something?

Comment

But, think of it this way... when you are scanning your own groceries, you are being checked out by their very best and brightest employee!
              No. It's Sparko.
              "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
              Hear my cry, hear my shout,
              Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
                No. It's Sparko.
                Nope.

Chuck Testa.

Comment

Had a very interesting talk with a friend who is the owner/franchisee of a McDonald's.

He told me that he has cut his labor costs by 31% by giving raises to his best workers, and letting a bunch of others go, and hiring these four guys....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26569[/ATTACH]

He said they never call in sick, or show up late for work, or wanna go home early, they don't take smoke breaks, they're not constantly on their phones, they are all 4 bilingual, they are never rude to customers, they get every order exactly as the customer orders, and he only had to give them a sign-on bonus and a monthly maintenance fee which is WAY below the cost of employees.

He also has a whole automated french fry baptizing system, so no "fry guys", and he said his kitchen runs a whole lot smoother.
                  Follow Finland. Greetings from Bulgaria BTW.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

And, here ya have it....

Flippy the Burger Flipping Robot Is Now Cooking at the CaliBurger Fast Food Chain

flippy burger flipper.jpg

Comment

And, here ya have it....

Flippy the Burger Flipping Robot Is Now Cooking at the CaliBurger Fast Food Chain

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26776[/ATTACH]
                      Yeppers. So much for $15/hour jobs flipping burgers.

Comment

You just dated yourself. It hasn't been kaching for years now...it's all boop boop boop boop....
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          You just dated yourself. It hasn't been kaching for years now...it's all boop boop boop boop....
                          Well, yeah, there's that. And, as far as dating myself, I must admit I'm quite a catch!

Comment