Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Forget "Fake News" - how bout "Fluff News"?

  1. #1
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45,468
    Amen (Given)
    9763
    Amen (Received)
    22019

    Forget "Fake News" - how bout "Fluff News"?

    The "News" this morning on ABC13 Houston included

    • an axe throwing segment to relieve your stress, in which one of the "news" guys challenged a "viking" guy to an ax throwing contest,
    • a story on a new game kids can buy where they plunge a toilet and poop flies up in the air - but "don't just buy any old crap",
    • a story on liquid diets, cleanses, and which ones to avoid,
    • a story about drinking two glasses of wine or beer a day to extend your life, though it's more about genetics.
    • and... it rained.




    axe throwing.jpg

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  2. #2
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,218
    Amen (Given)
    437
    Amen (Received)
    618
    Why do you watch the news?
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  3. #3
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43,478
    Amen (Given)
    947
    Amen (Received)
    16326
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Why do you watch the news?
    Not sure any of that qualified as "news"

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  4. #4
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    18,257
    Amen (Given)
    13650
    Amen (Received)
    8049
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The "News" this morning on ABC13 Houston included

    • an axe throwing segment to relieve your stress, in which one of the "news" guys challenged a "viking" guy to an ax throwing contest,
    • a story on a new game kids can buy where they plunge a toilet and poop flies up in the air - but "don't just buy any old crap",
    • a story on liquid diets, cleanses, and which ones to avoid,
    • a story about drinking two glasses of wine or beer a day to extend your life, though it's more about genetics.
    • and... it rained.




    axe throwing.jpg
    Any of that is preferable to 6000 photos of Trudeau in India bowing to various gods and wearing weird red socks and dressing his little kids up in Indian costumes and parading them through the streets.



    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  5. #5
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43,478
    Amen (Given)
    947
    Amen (Received)
    16326
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Any of that is preferable to 6000 photos of Trudeau in India bowing to various gods and wearing weird red socks and dressing his little kids up in Indian costumes and parading them through the streets.

    1519029628-2262.jpg
    Looks like they're playing dress up and what he would normally condemn as "cultural appropriation"

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  6. #6
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    18,257
    Amen (Given)
    13650
    Amen (Received)
    8049
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    1519029628-2262.jpg
    Looks like they're playing dress up and what he would normally condemn as "cultural appropriation"
    Exactly.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  7. #7
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45,468
    Amen (Given)
    9763
    Amen (Received)
    22019
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    Why do you watch the news?
    It's "on" when I'm getting ready to leave the house in the morning - mostly for the weather.

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  8. #8
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    43,478
    Amen (Given)
    947
    Amen (Received)
    16326
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's "on" when I'm getting ready to leave the house in the morning - mostly for the weather.
    I tend to get my weather forecasts from the radio more often these days. They manage to tell me everything I want in about a minute rather than spreading it throughout three five minute segments.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  9. #9
    Thread Killer QuantaFille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Thulcandra
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,218
    Amen (Given)
    437
    Amen (Received)
    618
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's "on" when I'm getting ready to leave the house in the morning - mostly for the weather.
    You can check the weather on mobile websites these days. I wear a watch that shows me the weather.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

  10. #10
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    45,468
    Amen (Given)
    9763
    Amen (Received)
    22019
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaFille View Post
    You can check the weather on mobile websites these days. I wear a watch that shows me the weather.
    It's "on" because my wife turns it on. Happy wife, happy life.

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  11. Amen ke7ejx amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •