Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Forget "Fake News" - how bout "Fluff News"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget "Fake News" - how bout "Fluff News"?

The "News" this morning on ABC13 Houston included
    • an axe throwing segment to relieve your stress, in which one of the "news" guys challenged a "viking" guy to an ax throwing contest,
    • a story on a new game kids can buy where they plunge a toilet and poop flies up in the air - but "don't just buy any old crap",
    • a story on liquid diets, cleanses, and which ones to avoid,
    • a story about drinking two glasses of wine or beer a day to extend your life, though it's more about genetics.
    • and... it rained.

axe throwing.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Why do you watch the news?
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
      Not sure any of that qualified as "news"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        The "News" this morning on ABC13 Houston included
        • an axe throwing segment to relieve your stress, in which one of the "news" guys challenged a "viking" guy to an ax throwing contest,
        • a story on a new game kids can buy where they plunge a toilet and poop flies up in the air - but "don't just buy any old crap",
        • a story on liquid diets, cleanses, and which ones to avoid,
        • a story about drinking two glasses of wine or beer a day to extend your life, though it's more about genetics.
        • and... it rained.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26576[/ATTACH]
        Any of that is preferable to 6000 photos of Trudeau in India bowing to various gods and wearing weird red socks and dressing his little kids up in Indian costumes and parading them through the streets.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Any of that is preferable to 6000 photos of Trudeau in India bowing to various gods and wearing weird red socks and dressing his little kids up in Indian costumes and parading them through the streets.

1519029628-2262.jpg
          Looks like they're playing dress up and what he would normally condemn as "cultural appropriation"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]26578[/ATTACH]
            Looks like they're playing dress up and what he would normally condemn as "cultural appropriation"
            Exactly.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It's "on" when I'm getting ready to leave the house in the morning - mostly for the weather.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's "on" when I'm getting ready to leave the house in the morning - mostly for the weather.
                I tend to get my weather forecasts from the radio more often these days. They manage to tell me everything I want in about a minute rather than spreading it throughout three five minute segments.

Comment

You can check the weather on mobile websites these days. I wear a watch that shows me the weather.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

You can check the weather on mobile websites these days. I wear a watch that shows me the weather.
                    It's "on" because my wife turns it on. Happy wife, happy life.

Comment

I have a weather app on my phone. I know the day's weather within seconds of my alarm going off.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I have a weather rock.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          I have a weather rock.
                          Note the last one
                          blogger-image--106405668.jpg

Comment

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X