Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Billy Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Graham

I'm speechless.

BREAKING: Famed evangelist preacher Billy Graham has died at age 99, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association tell @NBCNews - http://NBCNews.com

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Ok thanks. I was looking for confirmation that this came from an official source.

He is home now.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Billy Graham, Dead..

Just a wonderful man...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/billy-gra...132351604.html

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I didn't agree with everything he said theologically, but there's no denying that he did a tremendous amount of good.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Couldn't get an odder match. A couple of my favorite personalities. Fascinating watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
              Couldn't get an odder match. A couple of my favorite personalities. Fascinating watch.
              Yes, I thought it was interesting, especially how gracious both were...
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

The Death of an Icon

R.I.P. Billy Graham
                The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

He's gone home

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

He's gone home
                    Didn't see this thread - feel free to delete the other one I started.

Moderated By: CP

Mergified

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-21-2018, 10:16 AM.
                    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      Yes, I thought it was interesting, especially how gracious both were...
                      I imagine it was because it was back in a time when that was sort of the expected norm. Wish we had a bit of that norm today.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        I imagine it was because it was back in a time when that was sort of the expected norm. Wish we had a bit of that norm today.
                        I really miss shows like Firing Line where there was, generally, reasoned debate.

Comment

Moderated By: rogue06

combined seer's & the prodder of bovine's threads

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                          Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            I really miss shows like Firing Line where there was, generally, reasoned debate.
                            Now folks either have a memorized speech or talking points that they're going to recite come hell or high water or simply try to talk/shout over one another.

Comment

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X