Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Billy Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when he came to our area my church helped to let folks know he was in town. I was one of those that did the door to door invitations. Billy Graham is another one to whom God will say "Well done good and faithful Servant"

In honor of Billy Graham who was someone my Dad admired greatly
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-21-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

"Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead—don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God." Billy Graham
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

FORMER PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA

"Billy Graham was a humble servant who prayed for so many — and who, with wisdom and grace, gave hope and guidance to generations of Americans."

FORMER PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH

"Billy Graham was a consequential leader. He had a powerful, captivating presence and a keen mind. He was full of kindness and grace. His love for Christ and his gentle soul helped open hearts to the Word, including mine. Laura and I are thankful for the life of Billy Graham, and we send our heartfelt condolences to the Graham family."

FORMER PRESIDENT JIMMY CARTER

"Rosalynn and I are deeply saddened to learn of the death of The Reverend Billy Graham," Carter said in a statement. "Tirelessly spreading a message of fellowship and hope, he shaped the spiritual lives of tens of millions of people worldwide. Broad-minded, forgiving, and humble in his treatment of others, he exemplified the life of Jesus Christ by constantly reaching out for opportunities to serve."

FORMER PRESIDENT GEORGE H.W. BUSH

"Billy Graham was America's pastor. His faith in Christ and his totally honest evangelical spirit inspired people across the country and around the world. I think Billy touched the hearts of not only Christians, but people of all faiths, because he was such a good man. I was privileged to have him as a personal friend. ... He was a mentor to several of my children, including the former president of the United States. We will miss our good friend forever."

FORMER PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON

In a statement, Clinton said he and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are saddened by Graham's death. "I will never forget the first time I saw him, 60 years ago in Little Rock, during the school integration struggle. He filled a football stadium with a fully integrated audience, reminding them that we all come before God as equals, both in our imperfection and our absolute claim to amazing grace. ... Billy has finished his long good race, leaving our world a better place and claiming his place in glory."

HOUSE SPEAKER PAUL RYAN

Ryan issued a statement that said, in part, "As soaring a figure as he was, Rev. Graham connected with people on an elemental level. His reach was rooted in decency, humility, and love. He set a tone of ecumenical inclusion, advocated civil rights, and refused to accept the segregation of those attending his crusades. Rev. Graham's service is a testament that, with faith in God, one person can do so much good for the world."

NORTH CAROLINA GOV. ROY COOPER

"Billy Graham was a strong, humble, positive and passionate North Carolina man of faith who made a difference in the lives of so many. Rest with God, Reverend Graham."

SEN. LINDSEY GRAHAM

"One of the greatest messengers of Christ has gone to his heavenly reward," Sen. Graham wrote in a tweet. "Dr. Graham spread the good news to millions across the world and led a life beyond reproach."

SOUTH CAROLINA GOV. HENRY McMASTER

"Rev. Billy Graham dedicated his life to preaching the Gospel, touching the lives of millions across the world," Gov. McMaster said on Twitter. "It is bittersweet to hear of his homegoing this morning, as he will be missed, but we know he is rejoicing with his Savior right now."

FRANKLIN GRAHAM

The evangelist's son, who is now president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, tweeted: "My father ... was once asked, "Where is Heaven?" He said, "Heaven is where Jesus is and I am going to Him soon!" This morning, he departed this world into eternal life in Heaven, prepared by the Lord Jesus Christ_the Savior of the world_whom he proclaimed for 80 years."

ANNE GRAHAM LOTZ

In an online post titled "Daddy is at Home," Graham's daughter Anne Graham Lotz said she did not think of him as a public figure. "I think of my Daddy. The one who was always a farmer at heart," she wrote. "Who loved his dogs and his cat. Who followed the weather patterns almost as closely as he did world events. Who wore old blue jeans, comfortable sweaters, and a baseball cap. Who loved lukewarm coffee, sweet ice tea, one scoop of ice cream, and a plain hamburger from McDonald's. Who was interested in everything and everyone, from the small to the great."

MIKE HUCKABEE

The former Arkansas governor and GOP presidential candidate said in a statement, "When the news broke that Billy Graham had died, my first reaction was 'there's a real example of "Fake News.'" Billy Graham has passed from this life for sure at the age of 99, but he is anything but dead. He is more alive now than ever before, and living a life that will never end."

NORTH CAROLINA SEN. RICHARD BURR

"I was incredibly saddened to hear of the passing of Reverend Billy Graham this morning. America's Pastor was an inspiration to millions of Christians in our country and across the world. While his humility, faith, and booming voice will be sorely missed, today, he is at peace with God."

ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY JUSTIN WELBY

"The debt owed by the global church to him is immeasurable and inexpressible. Personally I am profoundly grateful to God for the life and ministry of this good and faithful servant of the gospel; by his example he challenged all Christians to imitate how he lived and what he did. He was one who met presidents and preachers, monarchs and musicians, the poor and the rich, the young and the old, face to face. Yet now he is face to face with Jesus Christ, his savior and ours. It is the meeting he has been looking forward to for the whole of his life."

TELEVANGELIST JOEL OSTEEN

In a tweet, Osteen said, "Billy Graham has always been and will always be a hero in our home. Next to my own father, Reverend Graham was the most humble and gracious man I ever knew. I am honored to call him a friend and a mentor. Victoria and I will miss him dearly."
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          "Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead—don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God." Billy Graham
          What a great quote.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

From Franklin Graham....

Dear Friend,

My father, Billy Graham, went into the presence of the Lord on February 21, 2018.

The Bible tells us in Revelation 14:13: “Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord … that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them” (NKJV).

Many have said that his death ends an era, but he would be the first to say that when God’s ambassadors die in Christ, the Lord raises up others, because the preaching of the Gospel will go forward until the end of the age. God’s blessing continues as He opens doors for the Gospel around the world. BGEA remains committed to preach the Word in season and out of season across the globe.

My siblings and I would appreciate your prayers in the days ahead as we honor a man who served the Lord with his life, loved his family, and was always grateful for God’s faithful people who supported him in the work of the ministry in Jesus’ Name.

As we lay to rest this very public ambassador, please pray with us that the testimony he leaves behind will touch many lives and point them to salvation in Jesus Christ. My father’s journey of faith on earth has ended. He has been reunited with my mother and has stepped into the eternal joy of Heaven in the presence of his Savior, in whom he placed his hope.

If you would like to know more about my father’s life, share a memory, or read public visitation details, please visit BillyGraham.org.

God bless you, and thank you for your prayers for our family and the staff of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
            Sincerely,

Franklin Graham
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I remember my grandfather (a Baptist Preacher) watching Billy Graham on TV when I was just a kid. That was 45 years ago. I asked him about who that was and he told me all about Billy Graham and how much he respected him and that he was the only preacher on TV that he would ever watch.

I went to a Billy Graham crusade once back around 2001. It was great. He filled up an entire football stadium. And all he did was preach the gospel. Nothing fancy. Hundreds of people came forward at the end to get saved.

Comment

In his own words.

" I am not dead." " I have just changed my address" " I am more alive now than I ever was".
                sigpic

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I saw him with about 11000 others at Pittodrie stadium in 1991. I remember it being very cold and windy.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Some very powerful preaching, sharing and testimonies during the memorial service.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Watched some of it including when his son sang. How fitting for it to take place under a large tent.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                          In his own words.

" I am not dead." " I have just changed my address" " I am more alive now than I ever was".
                          I have heard that attributed to Billy Graham, also to Mike Huckabee talking about Billy Graham after he died. But I also heard the following attributed to D.L. Moody:

Some day you will read in the papers that D.L. Moody of East Northfield, is dead.
                          Don't you believe a word of it! At that moment I shall be more alive than I am now;
                          I shall have gone up higher, that is all, out of this old clay tenement into a house
                          that is immortal—a body that death cannot touch, that sin cannot taint;
                          a body fashioned like unto His glorious body.
                          When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I went to a Billy Graham crusade once back around 2001. It was great. He filled up an entire football stadium.
                            Something even the NFL is unable to do.
                            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                              I have heard that attributed to Billy Graham, also to Mike Huckabee talking about Billy Graham after he died. But I also heard the following attributed to D.L. Moody:
                              Franklin just now said it, quoting his Dad.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X