Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Coming Blue Wave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I'm curious to know if people here actually see/fear a coming blue wave, or if folks are generally of the opinion that it's not going to happen and Republicans will retain control of both houses of Congress?
    May happen, but sound more like fantasy of libs, desperate!

Also, demi just remembered, how was march of women???
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I hope they DO follow the links, MM, and make up their own minds. That's how it should work.
      Unlike you who refuses to read articles of Breitbart??
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        Unlike you who refuses to read articles of Breitbart??
        I actually have read numerous Brietbart articles. I still occasionally read them (mostly so I can keep my news feed balanced between left/right). I have already come to my conclusion. I hope others do the same.

It is my practice to dig into articles I read and verify them against multiple sources, to try to counter the slant I find present in so many articles. Some news sources check out consistently, time after time, so I come to trust them. Some news sites I have to work incredibly hard to parse out the extreme left or right slant they put into their titles/articles. Mother Jones, The Blaze, Brietbart, and Jezebel fall into the latter class. Lately I have been adding CNN to that camp. I only have so much time, and trying to suss out their slant is simply too much work - so I lean more towards the sites I have come to trust as dependable. I still check them out - but mostly I spot-check them. Brietbart (and these others) I have to check end-to-end. And I consistently find slants, omissions, and sometimes flat out inaccuracies throughout their articles. It's just not worth the time.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

I still occasionally read [Breitbart] (mostly so I can keep my news feed balanced between left/right conservative truths/liberal lies).
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Careful, MM, that chain could come out any time now - and you won't like what it's attached to...
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Careful, MM, that chain could come out any time now - and you won't like what it's attached to...
              [yank yank]

Oh, look, there's nothing there...
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                [yank yank]

Oh, look, there's nothing there...

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Typical republican. In an earlier post you complained that republicans have complete power and can't get anything done, and now you cheer the fact that they can't get anything done.
                  yeah because upon reflection, whenever the government "gets anything done" it usually means more laws, more taxes, and more bureaucracy. Maybe we are better off with them not "getting anything done"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    yeah because upon reflection, whenever the government "gets anything done" it usually means more laws, more taxes, and more bureaucracy. Maybe we are better off with them not "getting anything done"
                    The system as it currently operates means new laws all the time, with most old ones being left in place. The laws have already reached the point where no one can actually know what the law says when it comes to details, yet "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" still seems to be in play. It is an automatically self destructing system that is already right on the edge.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment