Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Coming Blue Wave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So we continue to have eternal gridlock?

ETA: that might not be a bad result. The less the government can get done the better it probably is for the rest of us.
    Typical republican. In an earlier post you complained that republicans have complete power and can't get anything done, and now you cheer the fact that they can't get anything done.

Comment

I think a lot of Republicans are ticked off at their representatives and senators for all this stalling. Especially with the healthcare bill which they acted like they all had worked out years ago and when it came time to do something, they flopped.

I want Republicans in congress, but I want DIFFERENT Republicans in congress. Oh how I wish for term limits. Get rid of the old has-beens. On both sides. They are so entrenched in their views that nothing ever gets done. Ever.
      I want conservatives in congress, real conservatives not Republicrats.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

So we continue to have eternal gridlock?

ETA: that might not be a bad result. The less the government can get done the better it probably is for the rest of us.
        I think the time has come for us to stop electing officials that refuse to work across the aisle, and refuse to compromise.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Watching you cry "But- but Breitbart! " is much more entertaining than surprising you.
          You need a hobby...

That looks to be comparing generic Republicans with generic Democrats. My point is that prior to Trump's tax cuts, incumbent Republicans did poorly when matched against generic Democrats; now they're slightly favored. But all this theorizing is largely pointless. The only thing that will matter is how incumbent Republicans fare against actual Democrat opponents.
          Since the comparison is flawed to begin with, that it is changing is irrelevant...
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
            You need a hobby...
            He has one -- pulling your chain.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think the time has come for us to stop electing officials that refuse to work across the aisle, and refuse to compromise.
              I don't see how that can happen, as both sides have to appeal to the most motivated elements of their own base in the primaries, then pretend to be 'center' to appeal to the masses....
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                He has one -- pulling your chain.
                Well - I consider it my Christian duty to keep him happy!

Comment

Well - I consider it my Christian duty to keep him happy!
                  Well, then stop griping and play along!

Comment

I don't see how that can happen, as both sides have to appeal to the most motivated elements of their own base in the primaries, then pretend to be 'center' to appeal to the masses....
                    Unfortunately...I suspect you are right. Nolabels has existed for some time now, and are dedicated to finding "across the aisle" solutions. Despite that goal, I notice that on most votes in the House and Senate, the members of Nolabels vote right down party lines.

So much for bipartisanship...

Comment

Well, then stop griping and play along!
                      What on earth do you think I'm doing?

I have him right where I want him...posting inane Brietbart links left and right!

Comment

What on earth do you think I'm doing?

I have him right where I want him...posting inane Brietbart links left and right!
                        OK, I actually laughed at that.

Comment

If there was justice, you would have had a beverage in hand and would have snorted a significant amount up your nose!

Comment

P.S. He is going to be very upset if he keeps pulling my chain. He has no idea where that chain goes....

Comment

I have him right where I want him...posting inane Brietbart links left and right factual information that I can't refute, so I just pull the genetic fallacy out of my backside under the mistaken belief that it's a valid argument!
                              And the best part is, you bawling your eyes out about my sources doesn't stop other people from following the links and making up their own minds.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And the best part is, you bawling your eyes out about my sources doesn't stop other people from following the links and making up their own minds.

I hope they DO follow the links, MM, and make up their own minds. That's how it should work.

Comment