Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Opinions on Billy Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    JimL is a notoriously bad speller anyway so I don't look for any hidden meaning in what he's saying.
    Which is why I had said...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Jim's typing is so... um... 'nonstandard' it's hard to tell, but I just checked my story, and... mostly, he capitalizes Jesus. My apologies to the Jimster.
    His poor spelling and horrible grammar are not necessarily signs of his hostility toward all things Christian. He demonstrates that in other ways.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL
      You can't have contempt for something you don't believe exists, CP.
      Which baffles me why you do. Very curious.

Saying you believe god to be a fantasy or a fiction is not showing contempt for god.
      True. That's expressing one's beliefs, or lack thereof.

It's just that you snowflakes can't take it when someone makes explicit their opposing view of your belief.
      Here you go arguing moderation again, Jim. Take it to the appropriate thread. You're like a three year old who can't obey the rules, then cries like a baby when corrected.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL
        You can't have contempt for something you don't believe exists, CP.
        You most certainly can. I have contempt for the Islamic conception of God.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          You most certainly can. I have contempt for the Islamic conception of God.
          I don't.

But more directly, there's an endlessly growing list of fictional characters I find offensive, dangerous, contemptible, and even poorly imagined, yet I don't believe any of them exist.

Catwoman. Really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I never see in you the contempt for God that I see in certain other posters.
            p16198_p_v8_ac.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
              Catwoman. Really.
              I was in lust with her when I was a kid.

Comment

I don't.

But more directly, there's an endlessly growing list of fictional characters I find offensive, dangerous, contemptible, and even poorly imagined, yet I don't believe any of them exist.

Catwoman. Really.
                Come on, admit it. When you were a young man Julie Newmar in that cat suit looked more than a little bit enticing. Me-ow.smiley dirtyflirt.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't.

Catwoman. Really.
                  Robin is the only Batman character I'd say that for.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
                    And if you misspell Santa Claus, does that mean you are disrespecting St. Nick?
                    Coal in your stocking next Christmas!
                    Pfft! Belsnickel will whup you with a switch, and Zwarte Piet will drag you off to Spain!
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Sorry about the double post. The tweb server is throwing errors.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

No, that's your dishonest and disingenuous summary.
                        CP,

Zym pointed out, in a different thread, that this exchange between us was an example of me "telling you what you think." When I was in the exchange, I believed I was simply taking your statements and pointing out their implications. That is a normal/natural part of an argument/discussion and I have no problem with it. But I have been going back through this discussion, and I cannot escape the fact that I was, indeed, "telling you what you were thinking/arguing," and NOT limiting myself to implications. It is a dynamic I dislike when it is done to me - so it would be less than honest of me not to acknowledge that I did it to you.

I apologize, CP. In the rapid-paced exchange, I slipped up and spoke (wrote) inappropriately.
                        Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-29-2018, 11:58 AM.
                        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                          CP,

Zym pointed out, in a different thread, that this exchange between us was an example of me "telling you what you think." When I was in the exchange, I believed I was simply taking your statements and pointing out their implications. That is a normal/natural part of an argument/discussion and I have no problem with it. But I have been going back through this discussion, and I cannot escape the fact that I was, indeed, "telling you what you were thinking/arguing," and NOT limiting myself to implications. It is a dynamic I dislike when it is done to me - so it would be less than honest of me not to acknowledge that I did it to you.

I apologize, CP. In the rapid-paced exchange, I slipped up and spoke (wrote) inappropriately.
                          Don't know how I missed this - but thanks. And apology accepted.

Comment

Don't know how I missed this - but thanks. And apology accepted.
                            NP
                            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                              NP
                              Are you traveling more than you're home?

Comment

Are you traveling more than you're home?
                                No. I'm home pretty much 100% of the time now. Working on closing down the business and shifting into retirement mode. I want to return to working with children, so I am working on the requirements to be a sub in the local school system and exploring adjunct professorships at the five local colleges/universities. And doing a fair amount of backlogged work on my house.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X