Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Opinions on Billy Graham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Franklin Graham is as big a charlatan as the rest of them, and his father didn't do bad in the business either.
    Would you just call every Christian evangelist a charlatan?
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      Would you just call every Christian evangelist a charlatan?
      No, I don't know of them all, some of them are just bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Of course Jim, like all leftists you are terminally envious of any one who has more than you...
        That's just silly seer. I know that's what's you conservatives have been fed, and so believe, as if there were no wealthy liberals. But of course, this is about religion, not politics, and so the reason I have a problem with it is because it is unbiblical. In other words these preachers are a bunch of hypocrites, and sadly, their followers, fools.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          "Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead—don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God." Billy Graham
          Well. at least he'll never know how wrong he was.

Comment

Well. at least he'll never know how wrong he was.
            This is really inappropriate for this thread - there's an opinion thread elsewhere.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              He was simple baptist preacher. Never did any of that prosperity, health and wealth stuff. Never showed off. Never tried to sell you anything other than Jesus. He just preached the gospel and asked people to accept Jesus. And they did by the thousands.
              And no scandal of any kind, whether it be financial, sexual[1] or whatever. He always insisted that his crusades were publicly audited so as to avoid even a hint of impropriety

1. He's responsible for the Billy Graham rule

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                From Franklin Graham....

Dear Friend,

My father, Billy Graham, went into the presence of the Lord on February 21, 2018.

The Bible tells us in Revelation 14:13: “Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord … that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them” (NKJV).

Many have said that his death ends an era, but he would be the first to say that when God’s ambassadors die in Christ, the Lord raises up others, because the preaching of the Gospel will go forward until the end of the age.God’s blessing continues as He opens doors for the Gospel around the world. BGEA remains committed to preach the Word in season and out of season across the globe.
                Yes, we will continue the profitable fraud for as long as we live.
                My siblings and I would appreciate your prayers in the days ahead as we honor a man who served the Lord with his life, loved his family, and was always grateful for God’s faithful people who supported him in the work of the ministry in Jesus’ Name.
                Supported him very well indeed.
                As we lay to rest this very public ambassador, please pray with us that the testimony he leaves behind will touch many lives and point them to salvation in Jesus Christ. My father’s journey of faith on earth has ended. He has been reunited with my mother and has stepped into the eternal joy of Heaven in the presence of his Savior, in whom he placed his hope.
                His journey has cetainly ended, like happens to all of us who begin to exist, he's dead.
                If you would like to know more about my father’s life, share a memory, or read public visitation details, please visit BillyGraham.org.
                And please, if you should be moved to donate whatever you can afford to the ministry I would sincerely appreciate it.
                God bless you, and thank you for your prayers for our family and the staff of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
                Sincerely,

Franklin Graham
                Yes, because your family and staff are in such need of prayers. Poor things.

Moderated By: CP

Moved from Memorial Garden, but not deleted, as a testament to how incredibly crass some people can be

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-21-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  This is really inappropriate for this thread - there's an opinion thread elsewhere.
                  Oh, okay, I suppose you're right. Didn't notice it was memorial garden. Feel free to delete my posts.

Moved from Memorial Garden

Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-21-2018, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, we will continue the profitable fraud for as long as we live.

Supported him very well indeed.

His journey has cetainly ended, like happens to all of us who begin to exist, he's dead.

And please, if you should be moved to donate whatever you can afford to the ministry I would sincerely appreciate it.

Yes, because your family and staff are in such need of prayers. Poor things.
                    Dude, get this crap out of this thread. This is a Memorial thread. Show some decency for once.

Moved from Memorial Garden

Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-21-2018, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Franklin Graham is as big a charlatan as the rest of them, and his father didn't do bad in the business either.
                      Do you have anything better to do than troll?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        1. He's responsible for the Billy Graham rule
                        To which I subscribed at an early age, and has served me quite well.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you can truly know the trees by their fruit then there's a problem. But unlike carpe, I do have a problem with these multi-millionaire christian preachers.
                          I have a problem with those who make their money by duping the gullible. I have no problem with a man being successful through his writing, speaking fees, etc.
                          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Do you have anything better to do than troll?
                            Not at the moment, and you?

Comment

Not at the moment, and you?
                              The OP said to be respectful, your trolling has been reported. Don't blame Jed this time.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                                I have a problem with those who make their money by duping the gullible. I have no problem with a man being successful through his writing, speaking fees, etc.
                                Yeah, I get ya. My problem with his success is that his writing and speaking fees is how he dupes the gullible.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X