Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Billy Graham

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    He was simple baptist preacher. Never did any of that prosperity, health and wealth stuff. Never showed off. Never tried to sell you anything other than Jesus. He just preached the gospel and asked people to accept Jesus. And they did by the thousands.
    And no scandal of any kind, whether it be financial, sexual[1] or whatever. He always insisted that his crusades were publicly audited so as to avoid even a hint of impropriety

1. He's responsible for the Billy Graham rule

I'm always still in trouble again

2. Amen Jedidiah, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    From Franklin Graham....

Dear Friend,

My father, Billy Graham, went into the presence of the Lord on February 21, 2018.

The Bible tells us in Revelation 14:13: ďBlessed are the dead who die in the Lord Ö that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow themĒ (NKJV).

Many have said that his death ends an era, but he would be the first to say that when Godís ambassadors die in Christ, the Lord raises up others, because the preaching of the Gospel will go forward until the end of the age.Godís blessing continues as He opens doors for the Gospel around the world. BGEA remains committed to preach the Word in season and out of season across the globe.
    Yes, we will continue the profitable fraud for as long as we live.
    My siblings and I would appreciate your prayers in the days ahead as we honor a man who served the Lord with his life, loved his family, and was always grateful for Godís faithful people who supported him in the work of the ministry in Jesusí Name.
    Supported him very well indeed.
    As we lay to rest this very public ambassador, please pray with us that the testimony he leaves behind will touch many lives and point them to salvation in Jesus Christ. My fatherís journey of faith on earth has ended. He has been reunited with my mother and has stepped into the eternal joy of Heaven in the presence of his Savior, in whom he placed his hope.
    His journey has cetainly ended, like happens to all of us who begin to exist, he's dead.
    If you would like to know more about my fatherís life, share a memory, or read public visitation details, please visit BillyGraham.org.
    And please, if you should be moved to donate whatever you can afford to the ministry I would sincerely appreciate it.
    God bless you, and thank you for your prayers for our family and the staff of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
    Sincerely,

Franklin Graham
    Yes, because your family and staff are in such need of prayers. Poor things.

Moderated By: CP

Moved from Memorial Garden, but not deleted, as a testament to how incredibly crass some people can be

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-21-2018 at 08:06 PM.

4. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    This is really inappropriate for this thread - there's an opinion thread elsewhere.
    Oh, okay, I suppose you're right. Didn't notice it was memorial garden. Feel free to delete my posts.

Moved from Memorial Garden

Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-21-2018 at 08:06 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Yes, we will continue the profitable fraud for as long as we live.

Supported him very well indeed.

His journey has cetainly ended, like happens to all of us who begin to exist, he's dead.

And please, if you should be moved to donate whatever you can afford to the ministry I would sincerely appreciate it.

Yes, because your family and staff are in such need of prayers. Poor things.
    Dude, get this crap out of this thread. This is a Memorial thread. Show some decency for once.

Moved from Memorial Garden

Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-21-2018 at 08:07 PM.

7. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Franklin Graham is as big a charlatan as the rest of them, and his father didn't do bad in the business either.
    Do you have anything better to do than troll?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    1. He's responsible for the Billy Graham rule
    To which I subscribed at an early age, and has served me quite well.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you can truly know the trees by their fruit then there's a problem. But unlike carpe, I do have a problem with these multi-millionaire christian preachers.
    I have a problem with those who make their money by duping the gullible. I have no problem with a man being successful through his writing, speaking fees, etc.
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

-Martin Luther King

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Do you have anything better to do than troll?
    Not at the moment, and you?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Not at the moment, and you?
    The OP said to be respectful, your trolling has been reported. Don't blame Jed this time.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    I have a problem with those who make their money by duping the gullible. I have no problem with a man being successful through his writing, speaking fees, etc.
    Yeah, I get ya. My problem with his success is that his writing and speaking fees is how he dupes the gullible.