Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.02.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.02.21

Glory Seed Devotional’s 2018 Experiencing Jesus, the Prelude to Life
    God knows!
    Shalom!

“How long has this been happening?” Jesus asked the boy’s father. He replied, “Since he was a little boy. The spirit often throws him into the fire or into water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us, if you can.” “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9:21–24)

“I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” There’s nothing new about that statement I’ve used it many times and will continue to use it. Why? Because the father’s response is relevant and possibly true in each of our lives. In the bible the father was facing the loss of his son. That maybe true in your life today, or it maybe the loss of a relationship, the loss of a marriage or spouse, the loss of a career, the loss of your hopes and dreams, or the loss of your health or a loved one’s. If you are there or have been, you know what I mean.

The other day I slipped into a “pity-party mood” and as I sat in my chair celebrating out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of a blurry object hightailing it out the window. It was my belief. Yesterday reflecting on my hightailing belief, I wrote in my journal. “It’s really something when one who has known You (God) their entire life and when they need You the most their belief in You and in the continual presence of the Holy Spirit falters and will not hold them up or strengthen them. It is the consistent and continuing active presence of the Holy Spirit keeps us going even after the “Energizer Bunny” won’t move anymore.”

Sunday morning before church Patti and I were watching a TV preacher leaving us with the impression there were some people along with Jesus who were perfect. “I’m not perfect,” Patti responded, “I’m human.” The father in the bible story above was also human. It was my human side the other day when I witnessed my belief fly out the window. The truth is if we weren’t human we wouldn’t need Jesus to not only forgive us but also give us an example to live and emulate.

One last thing I admire about the father in the story is his honesty! He was not afraid to admit not only to Jesus but anyone who was near them. His love for his son was more important to him then his need to be honest. One day at church I was giving my testimony of how I went from your typical sailor in a liberty port to a sin forgiven Christ follower and disciple. Later in the parking lot a man came up to me and told me he liked my testimony, but I was to honest. I thanked him for his remark and walked away thinking how can I be to honest when it comes to glorifying God. That is not without saying there are somethings that will remain hidden known only by God.

One last thing to think about – GOD KNOWS!

“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life…” (John 14:6)

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Unless otherwise stated all scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X