Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

FB message on the marine's wife's wall ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her name is Libby.
    Update
    A bit sore from the heart Cath today. <details deleted>

It appears I will be having major bypass surgery next week Monday or Tuesday for multiple blockages. I will know more when the cardiac surgeon comes in tomorrow to see me. Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers.

This is scary, and not just for Libby. Kenny's okay, mostly, but when the PTSD kicks in, he needs an adult to talk him down. That doesn't work well with having to take care of his kid.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
      Her name is Libby.
      Update
      A bit sore from the heart Cath today. <details deleted>

It appears I will be having major bypass surgery next week Monday or Tuesday for multiple blockages. I will know more when the cardiac surgeon comes in tomorrow to see me. Thank you all for your positive thoughts and prayers.

This is scary, and not just for Libby. Kenny's okay, mostly, but when the PTSD kicks in, he needs an adult to talk him down. That doesn't work well with having to take care of his kid.
      Thanks for the update. for them both.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          While we may not always agree it seems clear to me that you are indeed a very good and caring friend to have.
          I try to look past the petty jealousies of those with less than perfect hair.

Sorry if what I said causes your street cred for being a jerk to take a hit
          My reputation isn't so easily impeached.

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Thanks for the update. for them both.
          Open heart surgery on Monday.

Comment

Comment

Praying for them all, including the surgeons
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                Praying for them all, including the surgeons
                Thank you both.

The marine and I are heading up to see her this afternoon, not sure if the kid's coming too. The marine's been doing a good bit of ranting about how she's done this to herself, and now she wants snacks. Could be I may accidentally let them be seen at the nurse's station.

Surgery is tomorrow.

Comment

IMG_0026.JPG

It was Libby's birthday yesterday. Surgery is set for Tuesday now, because they needed to get her sugar down.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26631[/ATTACH]

It was Libby's birthday yesterday. Surgery is set for Tuesday now, because they needed to get her sugar down.
                    What a way to spend your birthday.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      What a way to spend your birthday.
                      That's a rare pic. You never catch the marine smiling. Libby's in good spirits, too.

You never catch Kenny out of the compound, either, cause he's not so good around people. And when he's not smiling, he looks pretty damn scary. We had to snake our way through three buildings to find the cardiac unit after getting directions outside the emergency room. Now I'm not saying the security guard who dogged our heels the whole way and into the elevator behind us wasn't planning a visit over on that wing, anyway, because coincidences happen, right?

Any day you can get Kenny out of the compound and back without getting arrested is a good day.

This was a good day.

Comment

That's a rare pic. You never catch the marine smiling. Libby's in good spirits, too.

You never catch Kenny out of the compound, either, cause he's not so good around people. And when he's not smiling, he looks pretty damn scary. We had to snake our way through three buildings to find the cardiac unit after getting directions outside the emergency room. Now I'm not saying the security guard who dogged our heels the whole way and into the elevator behind us wasn't planning a visit over on that wing, anyway, because coincidences happen, right?

Any day you can get Kenny out of the compound and back without getting arrested is a good day.

This was a good day.
                        As big a jerk as you are, Jesse, I'm glad they have you in their corner.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Any news?

I know bypass is a long surgery. Mr. mossy had a quadruple almost 5 years ago.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

We will keep up the prayers.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              Any news?

I know bypass is a long surgery. Mr. mossy had a quadruple almost 5 years ago.

The surgery was about five hours or so. They did a double, taking care of the two largest blockages, leaving three smaller ones untouched.

I took Kenny out to see her in the ICU after surgery yesterday. Pretty much what you'd expect, air tubes and IVs everywhere. I let her see I was there, and then moved out of the room with an eye on her heart rate, around 115, laying down. Talking to one person was all the stress she needed just then, I figure. We're hoping she'll be out of the ICU sometime today, and if there are no complications, back home in a week or so.

Trying to split the difference between stressing her and stressing Kenny, I'm planning to take him out to see her again on Thursday.

Comment

Looks like I'll be picking her up with Kenny tomorrow afternoon. No real complications, though the painkillers have been making her nauseous to the point the nausea is a bigger problem than the pain. Kenny thinks she's going to stick to bed rest and like it. Libby thinks she's a southern gal, and God himself can't keep her from cooking.

My heart's with Kenny, but my money's on Libby.

Comment