Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

FB message on the marine's wife's wall ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy her a comfortable stool for the kitchen stool - you don't stand a chance otherwise.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
      Looks like I'll be picking her up with Kenny tomorrow afternoon. No real complications, though the painkillers have been making her nauseous to the point the nausea is a bigger problem than the pain. Kenny thinks she's going to stick to bed rest and like it. Libby thinks she's a southern gal, and God himself can't keep her from cooking.

My heart's with Kenny, but my money's on Libby.
      Last time I visited my grandmother before she died, she was hopped up six ways to Sunday on various meds. Couldn't stop her from fixing me food, though.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Buy her a comfortable stool for the kitchen stool - you don't stand a chance otherwise.
        Thank you.

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Last time I visited my grandmother before she died, she was hopped up six ways to Sunday on various meds. Couldn't stop her from fixing me food, though.
        That's the way it works.

IMG_0042.jpg

Picked her up about an hour ago.

She's home now.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
          Thank you.

That's the way it works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26774[/ATTACH]

Picked her up about an hour ago.

She's home now.
          All kidding aside, I really appreciate you sharing this. Not that I ever doubted you were a "human", but you're almost likable!

Seriously - God bless you! Thanks for keeping us up to date on this.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Update on this, please, sir?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Toasti is still a jerk. Any questions?
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Toasti is still a jerk. Any questions?
                The marine and son have been keeping her away from anything that might conceivably lead to infection, from laundry to dishes, but as expected, she's back to cooking.

I'd rest easier on that if she was cooking with a closer eye on her dietary restrictions.

Comment

So I just put Libby in an ambulance, and she's heading back to the hospital again.

Kenny's having a ... Kenny's using harsh words ... at home.

I got the ambulance for her because she didn't want him to know.

Yeah, it's like that.

Good thoughts if you've got 'em, prayers if you're the praying kind.

Thanks.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                        So I just put Libby in an ambulance, and she's heading back to the hospital again.

Kenny's having a ... Kenny's using harsh words ... at home.

I got the ambulance for her because she didn't want him to know.

Yeah, it's like that.

Good thoughts if you've got 'em, prayers if you're the praying kind.

Thanks.
                        You may be an insufferable jerk but you have a big heart.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by LostSheep View Post
                          Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          You may be an insufferable jerk but you have a big heart.
                          Thanks guys.

Comment

I was deliberately vague.

The reason I was rousted out without letting on to Kenny was because she couldn't walk, and she couldn't walk because of a fall the night before. And the fall the night before was because she'd decided to walk Rocky, the 150 lb Rottweiler that dropped her last month lunging after stranger danger, doing it again.

Last month's fall wrecked her hand. Four surgeries later there was an agreement that all dog walking would be done by the kid, or the marine, or just about anybody so long as that anybody was certainly not her. Hence the harsh words from Kenny when I let him know she was heading for the hospital.

When I got eyes on her, it was immediately clear a ride to the ER sitting up in the car was not a good idea, so we called for an ambulance. I gave them a quick medical summary when they pulled up, including her diabetes and heart issues, so they did some quick tests, and found her sugar was in the holy gee range, too, drew some blood, and politely and professionally clammed up. Hence the deliberately vague.

So we've got prognosis now, and the good news is there's no new heart news. The not so good news is she's scheduled for a full hip replacement tomorrow.

Piglet, I want to let you know that this time, southern gal or no, I'm pretty sure the marine is going to win. She's not gonna be up and cooking for Thanksgiving.

Comment

High sugar can do some weird stuff - Momma once had a conversation with my great aunt who died before I was born - so maybe there's a little mitigation.

Maybe some professional training is in order for Rocky. The lead is supposed to be a guide not traces!

I'm amazed she'll be home Thursday - and I'm still inclined to bet on her.

Okay, done prattling now...
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                Danke.

High sugar can do some weird stuff - Momma once had a conversation with my great aunt who died before I was born - so maybe there's a little mitigation.

Maybe some professional training is in order for Rocky. The lead is supposed to be a guide not traces!
                                My little sis was a professional trainer, and always said training the dogs was the easy part. Libby's got this habit of wrapping the leash around her hand.

I'm amazed she'll be home Thursday - and I'm still inclined to bet on her.

Okay, done prattling now...
                                I'm only betting against her because there's not even a tiny chance she'll be home on Thursday.

Comment