Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

amen/report buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amen/report buttons

Would it be possible to make the two a bit more distinct? It's really easy to accidentally amen instead of hit the report button, especially if you're not paying attention. And while on the subject, how about an undo amen button? I know Cow Poke has my back on this.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Would it be possible to make the two a bit more distinct? It's really easy to accidentally amen instead of hit the report button, especially if you're not paying attention. And while on the subject, how about an undo amen button? I know Cow Poke has my back on this.
    Have your back? I'm the MASTER of this!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The undo amen feature costs money which we don't have - and we're short on people with both time and the know-how to implement it.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        The undo amen feature costs money which we don't have - and we're short on people with both time and the know-how to implement it.
        How much does it cost? Perhaps I could raise that money and we could call it the CP BUTTON!!!!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Nah, let's just add a CP button and have CP on call to undo AMENs

. . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            How much does it cost? Perhaps I could raise that money and we could call it the CP BUTTON!!!!
            Time is actually the more pressing issue right now. Perhaps you could arrange for Raphael to win the lottery.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              Time is actually the more pressing issue right now. Perhaps you could arrange for Raphael to win the lottery.
              Well, since I'm a believer that the lottery is a special tax on people who are really bad at math, and wouldn't know what to do with a ticket if I bought one....

I do miss Chris, and not just for his computerability

Comment

I don't understand. The report button is a triangle above the post's bottom border. The Amen button is actually the WORD "Amen!" below the blue border. How could they be more distinct?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I don't understand. The report button is a triangle above the post's bottom border. The Amen button is actually the WORD "Amen!" below the blue border. How could they be more distinct?
                  The AMEN button should have a popup that says, "Are you SURE, CP?"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Well, since I'm a believer that the lottery is a special tax on people who are really bad at math,
                    http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2011/05/09

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      they are in the same general location and it doesnt matter what the amen button says when you're so used to pressing the amen button that your brain does it on autopilot whenever you want to press a button in that area.
                      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The solution is to have a single button that does both. No more confusion.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            they are in the same general location and it doesnt matter what the amen button says when you're so used to pressing the amen button that your brain does it on autopilot whenever you want to press a button in that area.
                            So it is your fault and making them more distinct would not make a difference, then.

Comment