Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Sane Discussion About Gun Violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    I haven't seen how it doesn't work. Knives have less capacity for damage than guns do. That has been the issue the whole time.
    The reason you don't see is because you don't look. I just posted an article where kinves and stabbings have become such a problem in the UK that they are having Knife turn-ins and asking for Knife Control.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      The reason you don't see is because you don't look. I just posted an article where kinves and stabbings have become such a problem in the UK that they are having Knife turn-ins and asking for Knife Control.
      An increase in stabbings does not contradict the fact that guns have a greater capacity for damage than knives do.

Comment

An increase in stabbings does not contradict the fact that guns have a greater capacity for damage than knives do.
        So what? That has no bearing on the topic. The topic is preventing crime by legislating weapons. It doesn't stop the crimes, it just changes the weapons. And I think I would rather be shot to death than sliced up with a butcher knife, wouldn't you?

Comment

And after knives, then what?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I can't help but notice that nobody stepped up to my knife challenge:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post523488

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              And after knives, then what?
              Obviously we need to get rid of fully automatic knives first!

1857749_ra.jpg

Then move on to banning plastic utensils. People should eat food with the fingers God gave them.

Comment

So what? That has no bearing on the topic. The topic is preventing crime by legislating weapons. It doesn't stop the crimes, it just changes the weapons. And I think I would rather be shot to death than sliced up with a butcher knife, wouldn't you?
                Changing the weapons reduces the damage. That's something that can be done right now that will save lives. Stopping psychopaths in the first place will still take years if not decades and possibly centuries.

Comment

Changing the weapons reduces the damage. That's something that can be done right now that will save lives. Stopping psychopaths in the first place will still take years if not decades and possibly centuries.
                  Would you rather be hacked to death with a butcher knife or shot with a gun?

Comment

I would rather a psychopath intent on killing people at their school or some other public venue bring a knife than a gun.

Comment

Is there any particular reason you left out being bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I would rather a psychopath intent on killing people at their school or some other public venue bring a knife than a gun.
                        And I would rather the people at schools and other public venues have the means to defend themselves from a psychopath intent on killing them whether he's armed with a knife or a gun. "Gun free" zones should be outlawed.

Comment

Answer the question. Which way would you rather be murdered? Shot to death or slashed to death by a knife? Which weapon causes more damage and pain? It seems that is all you care about, the amount of damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Is there any particular reason you left out being bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat?
                            hopefully you would be unconscious instantly and not feel anything?

Comment

• 26b6ga.jpg

Comment

• Ex-Calif. State Sen. Leland Yee (D), gun control champion, heading to prison for weapons trafficking

...Yee also discussed buying weapons overseas and bringing them to the U.S. with two associates and an undercover agent. He accepted $6,800 and a list of arms for purchase in the Philippines.

The maneuvers were not only illegal, but also in stark contrast to what he had long purported to stand for.

Yee told CBS two years before he was arrested: “It is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons. I mean that is just so crystal clear — there is no debate, no discussion.”

As a legislator, Yee supported strict gun control laws and was named to the Brady Campaign’s Gun Violence Prevention Honor Roll.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.998907ba86f1

Comment