Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Sally Ann test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sally Ann test

There were two girls named Sally and Ann. Ann had a box, and Sally had a basket. They also had a ball. One day, Sally put the ball in her basket and went outside to take a long walk. While Sally was gone, Ann moved the ball from the basket to her box. Where will Sally look for the ball when she returns?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    There were two girls named Sally and Ann. Ann had a box, and Sally had a basket. They also had a ball. One day, Sally put the ball in her basket and went outside to take a long walk. While Sally was gone, Ann moved the ball from the basket to her box. Where will Sally look for the ball when she returns?
    Um, in her basket since she wouldn't be aware that it had been moved.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

tSally-Anne.jpg
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

But Sally was very suspicious of Ann, because she knew Ann was a Democrat, and had a reputation for taking things which belonged to others. So Sally placed a toothpick on top of the cloth covering the ball inside the basket. When she later returned from her NRA meeting, she noticed not only that the toothpick had fallen to the floor, but that the cloth which had been covering the ball had been disturbed. Sally was so angry that she didn't bother looking for the ball. Her personal rights had been infringed. She had other plans....
        Last edited by Faber; 02-24-2018, 10:31 AM.
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Um, in her basket since she wouldn't be aware that it had been moved.
          Interesting. Looking it up. It is reported that children under the age of four and most, not all, older autistic children answer "Sally's box" not understanding that Ann would not know it.
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            Interesting. Looking it up. It is reported that children under the age of four and most, not all, older autistic children answer "Sally's box" not understanding that Ann would not know it.
            Sally's box? You telling me that Ann took that too?
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
              No. I in fact in err typed "Sally" for "Ann." And did not realize at the time I did so.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                It should have read, ". . . answered "Ann's box" not understanding that Sally would not know it."

Comment

How about this scenario?

Bruce and Clark have a box and a basket. They also have a ball. Clark puts the ball in the box and goes outside. Bruce moves the ball from the box into the basket making sure to not leave any evidence that he had done so. But, unknown to Bruce, Clark had come back and seen him move the ball. Where will Bruce think Clark will look?

Comment

Sally would first torture Ann to make her tell her where the ball is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      They are kids! No torturing!

Comment

They are kids! No torturing!
                        hey where have you been? I missed you!

Comment

Just bumping old threads because I don't care for the current threads. Can we talk more about God and less about our fellow puny annoying humans? And that means I am also puny and annoying! Because I am a human. Jesus is the only exception for obvious reasons.

Comment

Because Jesus is truly God and truly man! So, He's the exception that proves the rule.

Now, if Peter moved something to a different spot, would Jesus look where it was moved too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Isn’t “ball” a typo for “bacon” ?

Comment