Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

In spite of it all ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Interesting. Not knowing how life started says nothing about the massive evidence for billions of years and evolution itself. And to believe God created life does not necessarily presume there is not some natural sequence that was involved. God is involved in the creation, sustaining it, making it be and exist and proceed according to the powers he gave it.

This really isn't much of a point, except to say that if one does not believe in God, one doesn't have direct objective evidence that life can form without intelligent or supernatural intervention. For now that is a belief.

But that gap in knowledge is not proof God exists. And nothing about this line of thought excuses or justifis the rejection of the ToE itself, which is an explanation for the known and directly evidenced billion year history of life on the Earth.

Jim
    You're a sell-out, O-Mudd, it's that simple. You purposefully muddy the waters, confuse the issues, mix truth with lies, present cartoon and/or distorted versions of your opponent's arguments, and similar tactics to weaken the faith in God's Word thereby seeding the ground / paving the way to accept the "faith" in Darwinism.

I hope and pray that one day, before your end arrives (as it surely will), you realize what you are doing to many -- things that you will answer for to God Almighty -- and repent.

BTW, don't take it personally - it's not just you. To name just two others, "Christians" like Collins and Miller are also part of that large group. In particular, Ken Miller as a "teacher" - influencing tens of thousands of minds - will have much to answer for when standing before God. Unless there is repentance, I wouldn't be in his shoes (or yours) for all the tea in China.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      That's what happens when people decide in advance that no evidence against their ideas can possibly exist. So you know some-one as gullible and fraudulent as you are. Of course it's going nowhere - because, like the prize 'offered' by your pal Kent 'jailed-for-fraud' Hovind, it's a dishonest publicity stunt.

There is no such organisation as the 'Origin of Life Foundation'. It's a fiction created by David Abel, the creationist huckster who also runs the fictional 'Gene Emergence Project' in the fictional 'Department of Protobiocybernetics and Protobiosemiotics' from a suburban garage.

As for Cameron Grysen, his Amazon author description says:

Presently retired after 32 years with the Houston Police Department, Dr. Grysen brings his investigative experience as a former detective and his more recent training as a Christian apologist to take a fresh look at our sun. He received a Doctor of Biblical Studies from Trinity Graduate School of Apologetics and Theology, and a PhD in Christian Apologetics from Newburgh Seminary.

TGSAT is an online degree mill supposedly accredited by the equally fake accreditation mill ICAATS. Newburgh is, of course, the same degree mill from which you purchased your own fake doctorate.

So it's a fake prize from a fake organisation cited by a fake doctor with two fake degrees and quoted here by another fake doctor with a fake degree. Fakery all the way down.

The only question that could conceivably be of interest (apart from the recurrent one) is:

Given your own supposed non-use of your 'degree' from Newburgh, why are you promoting some-one else who still uses a similar 'degree'?
      You're an intellectually-dishonest thug, Roy -- plain and simple.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        My guess is if Jorge's eyes where opened so that he could see these sort of things for what they really are (lies, deceptions, manipulations), he would be sad this is what he has become. But his default assumption that anyone that does not agree with him on YEC is 'the enemey of God' gives him sufficient cover to remain blind. Most of his cohorts are willing enough to 'lie for Jesus' he can sit comfortably in his delusion God 'winks at' these sorts of things because they are 'on His side'.

Jim
        Have YOU read any Dr. Abel's books or articles?

I have several of them sitting right here on my desk. Of course, I've read them (several times).

Here's a challenge -- Read Primordial Prescription (by Abel), then get back to me.

I predict that you won't touch that challenge with a ten-foot pole. Why? Simple -- because you can't stand any hard evidence that opposes your fanatical beliefs. Best to ignore such evidence, right?

If by some miracle I'm wrong and you do read that book then I challenge you to refute the main argument. I double- and triple-dare you or any of the other Evo-Faithfull here on T-Web. I fully expect NO response to this challenge. It's so much easier to arm-chair criticize without knowing what you're talking about. Hehehe

BTW, my work on information (Global Information Theory) is progressing very well.
        I expect to have something out 'soon' (it is currently under review).

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
          I hope and pray that one day, before your end arrives (as it surely will), you realize what you are doing to many -- things that you will answer for to God Almighty -- and repent.

BTW, don't take it personally - it's not just you. To name just two others, "Christians" like Collins and Miller are also part of that large group. In particular, Ken Miller as a "teacher" - influencing tens of thousands of minds - will have much to answer for when standing before God. Unless there is repentance, I wouldn't be in his shoes (or yours) for all the tea in China.
          Hasn't Jorge in the past claimed that he doesn't judge anyone?
          "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            You're a sell-out, O-Mudd, it's that simple. You purposefully muddy the waters, confuse the issues, mix truth with lies, present cartoon and/or distorted versions of your opponent's arguments, and similar tactics to weaken the faith in God's Word thereby seeding the ground / paving the way to accept the "faith" in Darwinism.
            So... nothing about how your source "purposefully muddy the waters, confuse the issues, mix truth with lies, present cartoon and/or distorted versions of your opponent's arguments" when they outright lie about Pasteur?

Or when someone passes off their house as an "education foundation"?

Or tries to give the impression they are somehow connected to "NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt"?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've been asking Creationists for years (and don't expect to have an answer) how, exactly, is evolution effected by the origin of life on earth. I offer three potential sources for that origin:
              - abiogenesis
              - panspermia
              - creation by God

Thus far, no one has been able to give me a serious answer as to how any of those origins would effect evolution if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bret View Post
                I've been asking Creationists for years (and don't expect to have an answer) how, exactly, is evolution effected by the origin of life on earth. I offer three potential sources for that origin:
                - abiogenesis
                - panspermia
                - creation by God

Thus far, no one has been able to give me a serious answer as to how any of those origins would effect evolution if at all.
                That's just it. Evolution is all about what happens to life after it had appeared -- no matter how it appeared.

I pointed that out in a bit of detail in the bottom portion of post #4.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment