Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Quick Reply hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Reply hanging

After our server did some maintenance yesterday, we have noticed that when you use the quick reply box at the bottom of a page, it will often just hang there instead of refreshing the page. The post IS going through (if you go to another tab and look you will see your post)

If you keep clicking "Post Quick Reply" it could end up with duplicate posts.

We are looking into the cause, but in the meantime, there are two solutions:

1. Press F5 to refresh the page. That seems to make it go through. If that doesn't work...
    2. Before clicking "post quick reply" click "Go Advanced" and then "Submit Reply"
    3. Instead of using the quick reply box at the bottom of the page, click on "Reply" beneath another post in the thread. This seems to work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by Sparko; 02-27-2018, 02:00 PM.

apparently, less often the same problem happens with "reply with quote" too.

Sorry guys, we are trying to figure it out. Probably will have to wait for Raphael to wake up and take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      apparently, less often the same problem happens with "reply with quote" too.

Sorry guys, we are trying to figure it out. Probably will have to wait for Raphael to wake up and take a look.
      Meanwhile, if you hit "reply", and it hangs, just click in the browser's address box (without changing anything) and hit "enter" - it immediately shows you the post you posted.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Meanwhile, if you hit "reply", and it hangs, just click in the browser's address box (without changing anything) and hit "enter" - it immediately shows you the post you posted.
        didn't work for me.

Comment

didn't work for me.
          hmmmm... ok. Works consistently for me - like super quick.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I hit "reply", waited a second and then refreshed. That seems to work.
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
              I hit "reply", waited a second and then refreshed. That seems to work.
              For some reason, in Firefox, the 'refresh' button doesn't show up - hence the "click in the address bar and hit <enter>" thing. Otherwise, I would have said 'refresh'.

Comment

For some reason, in Firefox, the 'refresh' button doesn't show up - hence the "click in the address bar and hit <enter>" thing. Otherwise, I would have said 'refresh'.
                Clicking on the F5 key should refresh the page as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  Clicking on the F5 key should refresh the page as well.
                  I forgot that! Thanks.

Comment

I turned on the Cloudflare attack mode like we had when we were under the DDOS attack to see if it helps with the post hanging problem. You might see an occasional "checking your browser" messages from cloudflare. They are normal and safe.

Comment

OK, that time, I typed a long response to Sparko in the IT thread, and when I hit post, I got the cloudfare screen, and it just hung there for like 20 seconds. I decided to hit F5 like I had been doing, and I just got a totally blank browser page. I literally had to open another window and go to Tweb, and my post was entirely gone - didn't post. And, naturally, it was one of my best posts ever!

Comment

OK, that time, I typed a long response to Sparko in the IT thread, and when I hit post, I got the cloudfare screen, and it just hung there for like 20 seconds. I decided to hit F5 like I had been doing, and I just got a totally blank browser page. I literally had to open another window and go to Tweb, and my post was entirely gone - didn't post. And, naturally, it was one of my best posts ever!
                        when you get the blank page just hit back on the browser. It might take you back to the post.

ETA: Yep it just happened to me. I got the blank page, then pressed the back button and went back to the page with my reply in the box showing so I pressed post again and it worked.

Comment

when you get the blank page just hit back on the browser. It might take you back to the post.

ETA: Yep it just happened to me. I got the blank page, then pressed the back button and went back to the page with my reply in the box showing so I pressed post again and it worked.
                          OK, I tried that... responded to your post, hit reply - cloudfare screen. I waited the recommended 5 seconds (or whatever), and got the blank screen. Hit the back button, post was gone.

Comment

Same here. I've sang the praises of the Lazarus Form Recovery add-on a few times, but it looks like a number of browsers have finally prohibited it's usage. So I've been using other work arounds, and they seem to be doing the job ok (though not as well as Lazarus). Currently I'm using Typio Form Recover. It adds an icon next to your address bar that opens a box with previously typed posts. It also opens if you click Alt + Backspace, and will autorecover text with Alt + Delete + Backspace.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              Same here. I've sang the praises of the Lazarus Form Recovery add-on a few times, but it looks like a number of browsers have finally prohibited it's usage. So I've been using other work arounds, and they seem to be doing the job ok (though not as well as Lazarus). Currently I'm using Typio Form Recover. It adds an icon next to your address bar that opens a box with previously typed posts. It also opens if you click Alt + Backspace, and will autorecover text with Alt + Delete + Backspace.
                              That is for chrome?

For firefox I am using "form History control"

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ol/?src=search

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X