May you have a blessed Easter.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post

May you have a blessed Easter.
    He is RISEN, indeed!
    Every problem is the result of a previous solution.

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Amen.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    CHRIST IS RISEN and gives HOPE to the Hopeless!

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If they only trust Him.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Take 2.

Laying aside our legal documents, let us strive after God as individuals and community.

I wish I could frame my question the right way. So please bear with me as this is going to be more stream of thought. It seems to me that we need to close the gap between leadership and members. It seems to me that too many places the leadership doesn't know their members and the members don't trust the leadership. Have we lost the sense of being a community?

One feature of the early church is how much they cared one for another and how outsiders perceive it. And it still exists in some places. My mom was telling me some stories of what her local church does for its members. I'd join in a moment but its a 5 hour drive to church every Sunday. Is it a city thing? Is it living a more liberal part of the world where the outsider gets more attention than the member? It just seems to me that members are most expendable thing around here. Have we forgotten how to be a we and not a bunch of I's who happen to worship at the same time and place?

Is it partially we need a change in emphasis like Pope Francis is doing? Despite some media claims to the contrary, he hasn't changed single doctrine yet but suddenly the RCC looks more attractive. Is that our issue - we emphasis the following God's law rather than His love? Its been since I've really seen a loving community that is still intent on obeying God. I've gotten on or the other but not both.

Maybe we've forgotten to put God first. We'll open in prayer and then talk about the things of man for the rest of the time. We say God centered but don't practice it. We find ways to hear the Word of God but excuse ourselves from following it.

Is it the discarding of sin from our doctrines? We expect each other to be so perfect that we don't admit our failures and condemn others when they fail. So our relationships are built on a false basis of a lie of who I am and who you are. I know some people say that they are new creation in Christ, but I'm an old sinner saved by grace. I want mercy when I fail and I want to learn to show mercy.

I don't know...so I'll be quiet now and let you talk.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

My time to be on TWeb is unpredictable. It may take a few days for me to see your post and respond.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Three days later and no response to my previous post.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

My time to be on TWeb is unpredictable. It may take a few days for me to see your post and respond.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    Take 2.

Laying aside our legal documents, let us strive after God as individuals and community.

I wish I could frame my question the right way. So please bear with me as this is going to be more stream of thought. It seems to me that we need to close the gap between leadership and members. It seems to me that too many places the leadership doesn't know their members and the members don't trust the leadership. Have we lost the sense of being a community?

One feature of the early church is how much they cared one for another and how outsiders perceive it. And it still exists in some places. My mom was telling me some stories of what her local church does for its members. I'd join in a moment but its a 5 hour drive to church every Sunday. Is it a city thing? Is it living a more liberal part of the world where the outsider gets more attention than the member? It just seems to me that members are most expendable thing around here. Have we forgotten how to be a we and not a bunch of I's who happen to worship at the same time and place?

Is it partially we need a change in emphasis like Pope Francis is doing? Despite some media claims to the contrary, he hasn't changed single doctrine yet but suddenly the RCC looks more attractive. Is that our issue - we emphasis the following God's law rather than His love? Its been since I've really seen a loving community that is still intent on obeying God. I've gotten on or the other but not both.

Maybe we've forgotten to put God first. We'll open in prayer and then talk about the things of man for the rest of the time. We say God centered but don't practice it. We find ways to hear the Word of God but excuse ourselves from following it.

Is it the discarding of sin from our doctrines? We expect each other to be so perfect that we don't admit our failures and condemn others when they fail. So our relationships are built on a false basis of a lie of who I am and who you are. I know some people say that they are new creation in Christ, but I'm an old sinner saved by grace. I want mercy when I fail and I want to learn to show mercy.

I don't know...so I'll be quiet now and let you talk.