Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sanders campaign fined for colluding with foreigners during election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanders campaign fined for colluding with foreigners during election

https://about.bgov.com/blog/sanders-...stralians-fec/

The presidential campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) illegally accepted foreign campaign contributions by getting help from a group of Australian campaign volunteers who were paid by the Australian Labor Party, the Federal Election Commission concluded.

A settlement between the FEC and the Sanders campaign will require the campaign to pay a fine of $14,500.

The Australians were paid a total $24,422 for airfare and stipends received while they worked for the Sanders campaign during the New Hampshire presidential primary, according to the FEC. Those payments counted as a foreign contribution prohibited by U.S. law.

The case could provide a legal precedent to establish that a presidential campaign can be held accountable for receiving foreign help.

The Sanders campaign contended it didn’t believe it violated the law because of an exemption for volunteer services provided by foreigners. The campaign settled the case “in order to avoid the expense of litigation, without admitting liability,” according to a conciliation agreement between the campaign and the FEC.
    Seems to me everybody EXCEPT the Trump campaign was engaged in criminal collusion with foreigners to interfere in the election
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Seems to me everybody EXCEPT the Trump campaign was engaged in criminal collusion with foreigners to interfere in the election
    Just what the Russians want you to believe.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      You're one of them, ain't ya?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Of course shuny amen'd this post without a second thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          Of course shuny amen'd this post without a second thought.
          I think even shuny understood that one.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            I think even shuny understood that one.

ECREE

Comment

Another one bites the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                You're one of them, ain't ya?
                You mean Zymolotsov?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  You mean Zymolotsov?
                  Da
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    https://about.bgov.com/blog/sanders-...stralians-fec/

Everyone except for Trump. Oh you guys are just too funny. It must be the deep state, even though it's made up of mostly conservative republicans.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Everyone except for Trump. Oh you guys are just too funny. It must be the deep state, even though it's made up of mostly conservative republicans.
                      funny? It's the truth Jimmy. After nearly 2 years not one thing has stuck to Trump and instead everything has been associated with the democrats as the ones colluding with the Russians and other foreigners. Like this case, or Steele. Heck even here on tweb the only ones colluding with foreigners is you, colluding with Starlight and Tassman to promote this idiotic narrative.

Maybe we oughta call the State Dept.?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        funny? It's the truth Jimmy. After nearly 2 years not one thing has stuck to Trump and instead everything has been associated with the democrats as the ones colluding with the Russians and other foreigners. Like this case, or Steele. Heck even here on tweb the only ones colluding with foreigners is you, colluding with Starlight and Tassman to promote this idiotic narrative.

Boy are you people in for a surprise. Mudeller hasn't even come out with the results of his investigation and you think that none of the obvious collusion, conspiracy, and obstruction charges has stuck. First of all the truth concerning the charges should be obvious to anyone whose mind isn't completely ruled by it's bias, and second, you're not going to even see if the charges will stick legally until after the investigation is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Nothing surprises me in politics. Look at Comey's speech where he fully justified indicting Hillary, laying out a solid case, then explaining that's not good enough for "any reasonable prosecutor" to take the case.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Boy are you people in for a surprise. Mudeller hasn't even come out with the results of his investigation and you think that none of the obvious collusion, conspiracy, and obstruction charges has stuck. First of all the truth concerning the charges should be obvious to anyone whose mind isn't completely ruled by it's bias, and second, you're not going to even see if the charges will stick legally until after the investigation is out.
                            You have been saying "we have to wait till the investigation is over to get the proof!" for 2 years now. So far the investigation has implicated Hillary, the DNC, and now Sanders. Are you sure you want to keep waiting for more?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Nothing surprises me in politics. Look at Comey's speech where he fully justified indicting Hillary, laying out a solid case, then explaining that's not good enough for "any reasonable prosecutor" to take the case.
                              Or him openly admitting that he leaked privileged conversations with the President to the press for the purpose of instigating an investigation.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment