Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump 2020

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    1) I have not said there is no God. 2) Your post does not give us any reason to believe there is. It is more than a little naive that you can avoid discussion by calling those who disagree for fools.
    It's all they've got. They cannot provide any substantive evidence for deities, so they sneer.
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Atheists of your low-calibre deserve no more than a mocking laugh and a dismissive wave. If you wish to prove otherwise then I challenge you to start a thread in Apologetics where you accurately describe the best arguments for theism and then competently explain why those arguments fail.

3. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Atheists of your low-calibre deserve no more than a mocking laugh and a dismissive wave. If you wish to prove otherwise then I challenge you to start a thread in Apologetics where you accurately describe the best arguments for theism and then competently explain why those arguments fail.
    I notice a big self confidence in your post and yet nothing in it supports the idea that God exists. It starts of with a personal attack and them goes on to assume, without any proof whatsoever, that Tassman would not be able to show why the best arguments for theism fail. As soon as he gave just one argument strengthening his case, he would be ahead of you since you gave none.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I notice a big self confidence in your post and yet nothing in it supports the idea that God exists. It starts of with a personal attack and them goes on to assume, without any proof whatsoever, that Tassman would not be able to show why the best arguments for theism fail. As soon as he gave just one argument strengthening his case, he would be ahead of you since you gave none.
    Send me a link as soon as you or Tass have the guts to start a thread like I've challenged. I look forward to reading it if only because it'll be good for a laugh.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Send me a link as soon as you or Tass have the guts to start a thread like I've challenged. I look forward to reading it if only because it'll be good for a laugh.
    I don't think you got the point. It is rather simple. Try to read it again. And you who feel so confident that you are right just managed to make another post with nothing strenthening the case you feel so certain about.

I can easily challenge you that you would not be able to show why the best arguments for agnosticism fail. I can easily say beforehand that I have won and that what you write is going to be laughable. I can say all that sort of stuff beforehand. It proves nothing and you should know. Whatever you can say about us not starting a thread we can say about you not starting one about atheism or agnosticism. It is completely childish.

So this leaves us at the point where you still haven't given us anything to strengthen the idea that it is foolish to say that God does not exist.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Been there, done that. You scattered ignorance and fallacies like an incontinent sheep, ran away from most of the points made against you, linked to various websites you hadn't read, and tried to argue that the Lukan census account both "can't be tested" and "was bang-on accurate" while being too impenetrably stupid to work out how you'd contradicted yourself.

You then inadvertently refuted everything you'd ever written:
    When you stated that "Until you have hard evidence to that end, we have to conclude that the premise is true" you not only proudly announced your incompetence to evaluate logical arguments, you also accidentally proved everything you ever wrote and ever will write is wrong:

Premise 1: There is a squirrel in my garden.
    Premise 2: There is not a squirrel in my garden.

Since I currently have no hard evidence against either of these premises, your approach leads to
    Conclusion 1: Premise 1 is true
    Conclusion 2: Premise 2 is true
    Conclusion 3: There is a squirrel in my garden and there is not a squirrel in my garden.

and from the logical principle that for any (P,Q) P&~P->Q
    Conclusion 4: Everything Mountain Man has ever written and ever will write is wrong.

There is no point starting any thread in apologetics since you've already demonstrated that you are incapable of evaluating its contents.
    Last edited by Roy; 03-09-2018 at 12:35 PM.
    Mountain Man: A skin cell is a skin cell. It doesn't grow, it doesn't organize, it doesn't adapt, it doesn't self-sustain, it doesn't metabolize, it doesn't respond to stimuli.

9. Amen Charles amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    Been there, done that. You scattered ignorance and fallacies like an incontinent sheep, ran away from most of the points made against you, linked to various websites you hadn't read, and tried to argue that the Lukan census account both "can't be tested" and "was bang-on accurate" while being too impenetrably stupid to work out how you'd contradicted yourself.

You then inadvertently refuted everything you'd ever written:
    When you stated that "Until you have hard evidence to that end, we have to conclude that the premise is true" you not only proudly announced your incompetence to evaluate logical arguments, you also accidentally proved everything you ever wrote and ever will write is wrong:

Premise 1: There is a squirrel in my garden.
    Premise 2: There is not a squirrel in my garden.

Since I currently have no hard evidence against either of these premises, your approach leads to
    Conclusion 1: Premise 1 is true
    Conclusion 2: Premise 2 is true
    Conclusion 3: There is a squirrel in my garden and there is not a squirrel in my garden.

and from the logical principle that for any (P,Q) P&~P->Q
    Conclusion 4: Everything Mountain Man has ever written and ever will write is wrong.

There is no point starting any thread in apologetics since you've already demonstrated that you are incapable of evaluating its contents.
    Why would you link to a thread where I embarrassed you so badly as an example of your debating prowess?

Yeah, and I stomped on your pathetic attempt at a reductio ad absurdum in this post. The short version is that you couldn't keep up with my argument well enough to even understand what was being debated. I remember having a good laugh during that debate, so thank you for the trip down memory lane.

At any rate, I didn't see a single example in that thread where you "accurately [described] the best arguments for theism and then competently [explained] why those arguments fail." But I'm not going to engage this subject any further in this thread. If you think you have anything that's worth my extremely valuable attention then start a thread in Apologetics and send me a link.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-09-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra