Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Bizarre and Entertaining titles of things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude. Neutral Milk Hotel. Specifically, their album, 'In the Aeroplane Over the Sea'. Their song 'King of Carrot Flowers'. Oh boy.
    My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

A couple more band names:

Assorted Heap (?)

Disastrous Murmur (their first album is actually quite menacing, but I can't say their name with a straight face)
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Philip K. Dick - The Short, Happy Life of the Brown Oxford and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Anime titles can be fun sometimes.

Darling in the FRANXX
          Selector Infected WIXOSS
          Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS
          Golden Gash Bell
          Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
          Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
            Anime titles can be fun sometimes.

Darling in the FRANXX
            Selector Infected WIXOSS
            Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS
            Golden Gash Bell
            Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
            Then there was Bo-bobo-bo-bo-bo, or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              I'm going to post some of my favorite song titles (because I'm listening to music and so have this on my mind). Share your favorite titles of stuff; preferably, the weirder the better.

Finnish death metal band Demilich released one album in 1993, called Nespithe. The song titles are among my favorite song titles ever; see for yourself:

1 "When the Sun Drank the Weight of Water"
              2 "The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son of Fourteen Four-Regional Dimensions (Still Unnamed)"
              3 "Inherited Bowel Levitation - Reduced Without Any Effort"
              4 "The Echo (Replacement)"
              5 "The Putrefying Road in the Nineteenth Extremity (...Somewhere Inside the Bowels of Endlessness...)"
              6 "(Within) The Chamber of Whispering Eyes"
              7 "And You'll Remain... (In Pieces in Nothingness)"
              8 "Erecshyrinol"
              9 "The Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh That It Desired...)"
              10 "The Cry"
              11 "Raped Embalmed Beauty Sleep"

I think tracks 2 and 3 are my favorites. If you can tell me what those tracks--or tracks 1 and 5--are about, I'll send you a cookie in the mail. Well, maybe.
              I always liked the song name "She's as Beautiful as a Foot" by Blue Oyster Cult.

Although I probably can personally relate more with their "Veteran of the Psychic Wars"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                Then there was Bo-bobo-bo-bo-bo, or something like that.
                Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

And yes, the anime is just as weird as it sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Although I probably can personally relate more with their "Veteran of the Psychic Wars"
                  One of my favorite songs ever.

Comment

One of my favorite songs ever.
                    Got it cranked right now. Sucks that it brings some really nasty memories back

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

And yes, the anime is just as weird as it sounds.

A guy with a blonde afro fighting guys with his nose hairs is strange indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

A guy with a blonde afro fighting guys with his nose hairs is strange indeed.
                        Baka survivor.

Urusei Yatsura is also pretty weird, but honestly it is also adorable.
                        sigpic

Comment

Album name: Reel, Folk 'n' Rock 'n' Roll (The Electrics - Irish folk rock)

Had to order that one from Germany, because Christian stores here didn't carry it.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Philip K. Dick - The Short, Happy Life of the Brown Oxford and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
                            Became a hit movie and was recently remade although you'd likely know it under the name Blade Runner

ETA: Not remade but a sequel.
                            Last edited by rogue06; 06-22-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment