Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hypothetical. All guns dissapear. What happens?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Hypothetical. All guns dissapear. What happens?

If all guns dissapeared right now what would happen? Or more accurately what would possibly happen?.

If you asked me it would be short lived.

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Depends on what you mean "all guns disappeared. If guns ceased to exist that is one thing, if they were just ALL removed that is something else.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Depends on what you mean "all guns disappeared. If guns ceased to exist that is one thing, if they were just ALL removed that is something else.
    Let us go with both.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some people get filthy rich manufacturing and / or importing guns.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I see a lot of 3d printing.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    If all guns dissapeared right now what would happen? Or more accurately what would possibly happen?.

We would have to check whether the resident pirate now had a surplus of guns.

7. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

If all guns ceased to exist (along with the technology to make new ones) then gun violence would immediately end. Every fort/base on the planet would have to be rebuilt (since if guns go, so do cannon and mortar - a gun is nothing but a tiny cannon). Militaries would have a heck of a time retooling - and chain mail would make a comeback.

'Impulse' killings would be greatly reduced. Murder conviction rates would dramatically rise and the immediate murder rate would drop (killers have to retool, too). Killing and injuring in self defense would rise dramatically (because archery ain't that easy, bows aren't concealable and knives mean you get way too close to be immune from attack).

Gun enthusiasts would cry - a lot.

The world would not suddenly become perfect because people won't.

AntiGC's will be mad at those who supported GC and start building crossbows to 'show them' by becoming the very monsters they said they weren't. ProGC's will feel better about sending their kids to school - until some idiot takes a trebuchet to a playground because he doesn't like the new building blocking his view.

Life will go on. Humans will always find something to fuss over.

As an argument, this exercise is really stupid - antiGC's will assume, falsely, that 'no guns' should equal 'no violence' and complain that since violence will still occur, ending guns wasn't a good thing. ProGC's will complain, probably correctly, that you're characterizing their positions falsely. Accomplishment nil.

9. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    AntiGC's will be mad at those who supported GC and start building crossbows to 'show them' by becoming the very monsters they said they weren't.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

11. Amen Jedidiah, Chrawnus amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If all guns dissapeared right now what would happen?
    Physically superior ubermensch like me would be able to utterly dominate all you pencil necked geeks.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    If all guns ceased to exist (along with the technology to make new ones) then gun violence would immediately end. Every fort/base on the planet would have to be rebuilt (since if guns go, so do cannon and mortar - a gun is nothing but a tiny cannon). Militaries would have a heck of a time retooling - and chain mail would make a comeback.

'Impulse' killings would be greatly reduced. Murder conviction rates would dramatically rise and the immediate murder rate would drop (killers have to retool, too). Killing and injuring in self defense would rise dramatically (because archery ain't that easy, bows aren't concealable and knives mean you get way too close to be immune from attack).

Gun enthusiasts would cry - a lot.

The world would not suddenly become perfect because people won't.

AntiGC's will be mad at those who supported GC and start building crossbows to 'show them' by becoming the very monsters they said they weren't. ProGC's will feel better about sending their kids to school - until some idiot takes a trebuchet to a playground because he doesn't like the new building blocking his view.

Life will go on. Humans will always find something to fuss over.

As an argument, this exercise is really stupid - antiGC's will assume, falsely, that 'no guns' should equal 'no violence' and complain that since violence will still occur, ending guns wasn't a good thing. ProGC's will complain, probably correctly, that you're characterizing their positions falsely. Accomplishment nil.
    I seriously doubt that many gun owners would go around as thugs. If anything i think those who support just causes and self defense wpuld opppse those very people.